Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
walt526
Edge User

Minor Issue: Keyboard Size When Setting Up Account in K-9

I was just setting up a new email account in K-9 and noticed an issue with the on-screen keyboard. I had the eDGe in landscape orientation (with blue trackball on top, speaker on the bottom). As I entered the email, etc. the keyboard became scrunched, almost as if it were the same size if LCD orientation was in portrait. I'm pretty sure that that didn't happen when I set up email accounts prior to the Coyote 1.0 keyboard.

Can someone try this to make sure it's a repeatable error before I file a bug report with enTourage tech support?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
walt526
Edge User

Hmm... I was able to replicate it, although I paid more attention to when/where it was occurring. The keyboard is the right size when I enter the email address, but when I go down to enter the password it gets smaller. For the mail server and port fields it is fine, but when I scroll over the security type it gets smaller again (this most have been where I was when I was clicking through the mail settings, which is why I thought it was for everything). So it seems like the keyboard gets smaller whenever it prompts for a password... maybe has something to do with how it handles the show-as-you-type character for passwords?

I'll file a bug report.

Advert