Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 09-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Kant: Fundamental Principles of the Metaphysic of Morals, v1, 04 Sep 2007.

Fundamental Principles of the Metaphysic of Morals
(Grundlegung zur Metaphysik der Sitten)
(1785)
by
Immanuel Kant, (1724-1804)
Translated by Thomas Kingsmill Abbott.

This work has been translated under a number of titles, including ‘Groundwork for the Metaphysic of Morals’; ‘Grounding for the Metaphysic of Morals’; and (in the Paton translation, which is still under copyright) as ‘The Moral Law’.

A concise statement of Kant’s moral thinking. Ethics should be detached from thoughts about consequences. Instead it should be based on a priori reasoning, using the Categorical Imperative.

I have added a TOC, restored italics, and hyperlinked notes.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Fundamental Principles of the Metaphysic of Morals.lrf (143.7 KB, 1211 views)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Great. There you go again posting books that make me think.

Thanks. They are wonderful.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
My what an eclectic and educated community we have here. I'm almost tempted to put up a poll to find out how many of us have any idea who Kant is. I'd probably be surprised that it was so many though.

Thanks, Patricia, I don't read this kind of theory, but my wife does, and she'll be amused. And a bit impatient when I turn it into another "ain't this Reader thing great?" moment.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Actually, I have to admit that I am a Philosophy lecturer, so it's my business to know a bit about the subject.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yes, well it would be, wouldn't it.

My wife's an ABD (All But Dissertation, for those who don't know) English Prof, so you can see where she picked it up. Me? I've only had mild brushes with the theory stuff in getting my Marital B.S. in Victorian Literature. It allows me to (very occasionally) make original and intelligent comment about books I've never read.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2007, 07:29 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Me? I've only had mild brushes with the theory stuff in getting my Marital B.S. in Victorian Literature. It allows me to (very occasionally) make original and intelligent comment about books I've never read.
Just read the Cliffs Notes. Saves all the hassle of having to read the books, and still allows you to sound as though you've had an education. It's an approach which works for millions who go through the American school system!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #7
BCCISProf
Enthusiast
BCCISProf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's an approach which works for millions who go through the American school system!
Now Now Now.......Not all of us are that shallow Some of us DO have an education
BCCISProf is offline   Reply With Quote