Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #1276
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Two new special offers today:

Fire: 30% off Select Stylus and Stands (exp November 4, 2012)
eInk: 30% off Select Kindle Accessories (exp November 4, 2012)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:20 PM   #1277
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

My Fire HD keeps showing make sure you are registered on the special offers. I checked and I am registered! For some reason I have had this issue for two days!
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2012, 01:42 AM   #1278
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
Quote:

Not that I'm looking for a case or cover, but you'd think that they'd have Kindle Keyboard options when the offer appears on a Kindle Keyboard, unless they expect me to buy their $20 USB power adapter (yeah right...).
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:57 AM   #1279
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
Not that I'm looking for a case or cover, but you'd think that they'd have Kindle Keyboard options when the offer appears on a Kindle Keyboard, unless they expect me to buy their $20 USB power adapter (yeah right...).
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:59 AM   #1280
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
My Fire HD keeps showing make sure you are registered on the special offers. I checked and I am registered! For some reason I have had this issue for two days!
I'd try turning it completely off, then back on - then make sure the wireless is working.

If all else fails, just de-register (from the device, not the MYK page), then re-register. That should force it to redownload offers.

Usually I've seen that if I leave wireless off for too long.
Advert
Old 10-23-2012, 04:08 AM   #1281
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
They probably think everyone has one, at this point, while those "up"grading to the paperwhite or baby Kindle (which they insist is an "upgrade" and a "newer generation", when it's the same as the keyboard other than the keyboard being missing (and less memory, no audio, less battery life, less ...., etc) might be put off by having to repurchase their accessories, as well.

They are as bad as Apple, adjusting sizes for every model, to force more sales of accessories (ok, not quite as bad, since they actually still let you use every Kindle made, so long as they keep working for you, while Apple is "obsoleting" devices under 2 years old and forcing upgrades (or loss of content, if you buy iBooks).

<rant off>

BTW, the power brick is 1/2 off, plus your 30% discount means it's only $7 with the current sale. Not a bad price and you might need a second one for the nightstand or work (easier to have two than lug them around) and they do work for anything that charges via USB.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:51 AM   #1282
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
I can understand that the number of people looking for a KK case/cover is relatively small at this point, but having the offer on a KK and then not including anything made for the KK makes little sense to me, especially since Amazon is still selling new KKs. It can annoy people who were looking forward to finding a case/cover for their KK only to find that nothing fits, or even worse, someone might buy one of the cases/covers thinking that it fits their KK. After all, the KK was known simply as the "Kindle" at one point and all of the cases/covers will fit the "Kindle", which I know refers to the K4, but I'm sure that there are plenty of people who don't follow the Kindle models closely enough to realize that at this point, their KK is not a "Kindle".

In regards to the power adapter, I'm seeing it as $20. Where do you see the 1/2 off? Not that I'm interested in buying one but I was just wondering if there was some type of discount that I'm not aware of. I have plenty of USB power adapters and micro USB cables, and $7 is still pretty expensive for a USB power adapter even if I did need to buy one. The Kindle adapter is also only rated at 0.85A, which is relatively low as far as USB power adapters go, so any device that charges at a higher rate would charge slower when connected to the Kindle adapter. For example, most smartphones charge at 1A and tablets typically charge at around 2A.
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #1283
nugnug
nugnug began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi,

I'm from Singapore and I like to take up the 30% off kindle accessories special offer that's displayed on my kindle screensaver to purchase a sleeve for my Kindle PW. However, when I try to claim the promo code, it says that the special offer is currently not available in my country. If it's not too much trouble, can someone provide me with the promo code so that I can enjoy the discount on the purchase. Will be very much appreciated. Thank you! (:
nugnug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #1284
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I can understand that the number of people looking for a KK case/cover is relatively small at this point, but having the offer on a KK and then not including anything made for the KK makes little sense to me, especially since Amazon is still selling new KKs. It can annoy people who were looking forward to finding a case/cover for their KK only to find that nothing fits, or even worse, someone might buy one of the cases/covers thinking that it fits their KK. After all, the KK was known simply as the "Kindle" at one point and all of the cases/covers will fit the "Kindle", which I know refers to the K4, but I'm sure that there are plenty of people who don't follow the Kindle models closely enough to realize that at this point, their KK is not a "Kindle".
The price has now gone back up - it was 50% off when I first posted... $7 isn't bad with S&H, really (and most things will charge with "only" a USB voltage, just slower). Some of the very cheap ones, I would not trust to have plugged in when not in the room (and esp. not when sleeping).

And I know someone that just broke their KK, bought when it was just "Kindle"; they called Amazon and were told they could upgrade to the Kindle for $54. Not a savvy person, had not looked at recent devices, thought it was new version of same device. Not happy at all when the crippled Kindle showed up. So, back it went (and even higher charge for the KK 3G - essentially only $11 off new price, which barely covers the hassle of the returns).

Last edited by koland; 10-23-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #1285
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugnug View Post
Hi,

I'm from Singapore and I like to take up the 30% off kindle accessories special offer that's displayed on my kindle screensaver to purchase a sleeve for my Kindle PW. However, when I try to claim the promo code, it says that the special offer is currently not available in my country. If it's not too much trouble, can someone provide me with the promo code so that I can enjoy the discount on the purchase. Will be very much appreciated. Thank you! (:
We can't. The code is specific to one account, can't be transferred and none of the promos will ship overseas (using the promo codes).
Old 10-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #1286
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
I'd try turning it completely off, then back on - then make sure the wireless is working.

If all else fails, just de-register (from the device, not the MYK page), then re-register. That should force it to redownload offers.

Usually I've seen that if I leave wireless off for too long.
Thanks for the help. I turned off and on several times. My wifi is working.

I will not deregister, not good advice as I would have to reload everything. Please don't anyone do that unless you like redoing everything.

I emailed Kindle. Oh well. No offers for me.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #1287
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Thanks for the help. I turned off and on several times. My wifi is working.

I will not deregister, not good advice as I would have to reload everything. Please don't anyone do that unless you like redoing everything.

I emailed Kindle. Oh well. No offers for me.
Not completely everything, but it can be a pain (apps stay installed, for example).

There doesn't appear to be a "restart" for the Fire that works in the same way as the eInk kindles (which I often resort to, in order to force offers to get downloaded).
Old 10-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #1288
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Not completely everything, but it can be a pain (apps stay installed, for example).

There doesn't appear to be a "restart" for the Fire that works in the same way as the eInk kindles (which I often resort to, in order to force offers to get downloaded).
To restart the Fire you hold down the power button then choose to shut down. Wait for 30 seconds then hit the power button again. At least it's that way with the KFv1
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #1289
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
To restart the Fire you hold down the power button then choose to shut down. Wait for 30 seconds then hit the power button again. At least it's that way with the KFv1
I have had several cs people at different times, tell me to hold the power button for at least 20 seconds then release it. Then you can reboot it. Non of them said to push the shutdown button on the screen, you hold the power button past that point for the required 20+ seconds.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #1290
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
I have had several cs people at different times, tell me to hold the power button for at least 20 seconds then release it. Then you can reboot it. Non of them said to push the shutdown button on the screen, you hold the power button past that point for the required 20+ seconds.
That's a hard reset. It's best to do the shutdown if you can. Keep things from corrupting. Hard reset is for frozen device or you can't see the screen...etc
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote