Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
cic81
cic81 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Default sort order

I've been browsing around a bit, but haven't been able to find an answer to my question, forgive me if it's already been asked. I have my library sorted by a custom field "Genre" and the default sort order seems to be:

Genre > Author > Title

what I would like to have it do is:

Genre > Author > Series # > Title

I've browsed through settings and tweaks but the only thing I could think that might apply is maximum_resort_levels which is currently set to 5. Is there any way to adjust the priority of columns in the sorting order?
cic81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
There's a tweak called "Specify columns to sort the booklist by on startup" that you can use to specify the sort order on startup. Assuming your genre field has a lookup name of '#genre', set the tweak to
Code:
 [('#genre',0),('authors',0),('series_index',0),('title',0)]
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
cic81

That doesn't seem to have done anything. They're still Genre > Author > Title
Old 04-23-2011, 01:16 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cic81 View Post
That doesn't seem to have done anything. They're still Genre > Author > Title
As stated use the "Specify columns to sort the booklist by on startup" tweak. I use the below with a different column than genre and it works fine.

Code:
sort_columns_at_startup = (('#genre', 0), ('authors', 0), ('series', 0), ('title', 0))
Assuming that when you hover the mouse over your genre column heading the lookup/search name is #genre then try the above. If the lookup/search name is different then change #genre to whatever your lookup name is.

This will sort your library on startup primarily by Genre, within each genre the Authors will be in order, within each Author the Series will be in order and the titles for that Author not in a series will be in alphabetical order.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-23-2011 at 01:19 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
cic81

Thanks a lot! That worked brilliantly. I guess it just needed curved brackets instead of square.
Advert