Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
chameleon68
chameleon68 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Anthologies with more than 1 series

I have anthologies with stories from different series. Is there a way to list all those series and the book number so that I can use the Similar Books -Books in this series to search for them?
chameleon68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
katmarsc
katmarsc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I am having difficulties with that too. If I add the books in series it adds an [0],

montana maverick books 1-5 [0]....

thanks
katmarsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I had the same issue and got some great advice. Read from HERE on or just read the whole thread: Multiple Series

You may also want to look up the thread on creating custom categories. if I find it, I will edit this post and include a link.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleon68 View Post
I have anthologies with stories from different series. Is there a way to list all those series and the book number so that I can use the Similar Books -Books in this series to search for them?
Simple answer: No. The book can belong to 1 series only in Calibre.

If it is important to have mixed series books identify, you have 3 choices:
1) Stay with the old Index card catalog (remember those?)
2) Create a Tag (in a custom column) for all the series contained.
3) Extract each single story that belongs to a series and save that Title separately as it's own book. I give those fractional series numbers to place them between the major series_index points)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote