Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
Mark Coggins
Crime Fiction Author
Mark Coggins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Well-Reviewed Medical / High Tech Thriller for under $2

Hello Everyone,

I've lowered the price on my thriller VULTURE CAPITAL:

http://www.amazon.com/VULTURE-CAPITA.../dp/B0015YJ9QG

to under $2.

It was traditionally published in hardcover and softcover, and received good reviews from Salon.com, CNET and the Wall Street Journal among other places.

You can see more about the book on my website:

http://www.markcoggins.com/book/vulture.html

Including a short book trailer:

http://www.markcoggins.com/book/vulturetrailer.html

I've retained the ebook rights for VULTURE, so I thought I would give Kindle owners who don't know my work an opportunity to "sample" one of my books for a low price.

Hope you'll check it out.

Thanks,

Mark
Mark Coggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:43 AM   #2
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Down to $1.59 and I downloaded it. Thanks!
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:56 AM   #3
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Sounds interesting.
I don't own a kindle, and google found me these prices:

Mobipocket.com: $9.99
Lauriejbooks: $9.99

... It's so unfair!
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Thanks, Mark, I bought it (at $1.59) and look forward to reading it. Sounds intersting.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #5
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Sounds good, will put it in quee
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
Mark Coggins
Crime Fiction Author

Thanks for checking it out, everyone.

best,

Mark
Old 11-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #7
Mark Coggins
Crime Fiction Author

All Five Books in the August Riordan Series Available for $2.99

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to announce that all five of my novels in the award-winning August Riordan crime fiction series:

THE IMMORTAL GAME
VULTURE CAPITAL
CANDY FROM STRANGERS
RUNOFF
THE BIG WAKE-UP

are now available on the Kindle, the Nook and Apple's iBookstore for $2.99.

Books in the series have been nominated for the Shamus and the Barry crime fiction awards and selected for best of the year lists compiled by the San Francisco Chronicle, the Detroit Free Press and Amazon.com, among others.

RUNOFF and THE BIG WAKE-UP won the Next Generation Indie Book Award and the Independent Publisher Book Award (IPPY) respectively, both in the crime fiction category. THE IMMORTAL GAME was optioned for a film.

Click on the book title links to read more about each novel on my website.

Finally, a suggestion about reading order: although VULTURE CAPITAL is the second in the series, it's more of a standalone, so you may prefer to start with THE IMMORTAL GAME, skip to one of the later novels and come back later to read VULTURE.

Thanks!

--Mark
Old 11-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #8
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
But no Smashwords edition?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Doesn't this leave out Sony?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #10
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
#$$##%#$#%

I'm having one of those days. I wanted something to read. Five books, they looked good, and right up my alley.

And they're ONLY FOR DEVICES I DON'T OWN (and DRM-locked, too, from the look of it).

Yeah, that does me a lot of good. Not.

Looks like Tim Myers is going to get my money today.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:45 AM   #11
Mark Coggins
Crime Fiction Author

Sorry folks. The issue is with Sony is that they don't have a provision for individual authors to publish books, so no way for me to get it on the device.

Smashwords won't accept a formatted ePub file. They will only take a Word file--which they "smash" up--automagically. The result is less often less than optimal.

I'm working to get on Kobo, if that helps.

best,

MC
Old 11-12-2010, 12:48 AM   #12
Mark Coggins
Crime Fiction Author

P.S. Here are Scribd previews if you're interested:

http://www.scribd.com/my_document_collections/2628904
Old 11-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #13
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't want previews, though. For $2.99 (I assume that's per book) I'll just go buy the books -- that's impulse-purchase money.

Yeah, I know Smashwords can do brutal things to books. There was quite a discussion going on about that on MR. For books without tables or pictures, however, authors seem to have come up with ways to make them come out about like what went in, which is all the readers generally care about. I have no clue what that way actually is, but I'm sure if you asked in the author section a couple of boards down, someone would explain it. I did indeed buy the Tim Myers books (actually, I ended up with 7 of them, which is a couple of weeks of reading) and he can make Smashwords behave, so there has to be a way to do it.

Like many people, I like to support MR authors when I can, and I've found some great books that way. It frustrates me horribly to see books I can't buy. (don't worry about the Sony store, by the way ... I don't even have their software installed; I don't buy DRM-locked ebooks)
Old 11-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #14
Mark Coggins
Crime Fiction Author

Unfortunately, all the books are illustrated with photos--and in one case, a map--so I just can't make Smashwords work.

Thanks for the feedback, though.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:52 AM   #15
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

Hello, Smashwords, are you reading this?

Please allow authors to upload valid epubs (or at least valid HTML) instead of just MS-Word documents.