Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 01:52 AM   #1
freeamv
freeamv began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Unhappy confused newby

Hi - I have been reading up a storm on my ipod touch, I have software
"eReader", Kindle, and Stanza. I was purchasing the majority of my books from Fictionwise. Oh and I should mention that I live in Australia.

Now my wishlist has at fictionwise has all but disappeared, and geo restrictions seem to be locking me out of all the good stuff. I can't go back to paperbacks, I NEED to be carrying 30 or so books about in my pocket.

Does anyone know what I should be doing now, to feed my ebook addiction?

I know us Aussies do not have a reputation for being High brow intellectual reading types, but between drinking beer and chasing Kangaroos I do like a good romance!

Why are they trying to stop me from reading - it is good for my brain??
freeamv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:36 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I live in Launceston, and most of the books I read are from the thousands available on this forum. Having said that:
- There is at least one Australian based ebookstore at http://ww.readwithoutpaper.com/ which has a wide range of books. Some of them are geographically restricted, but at least they tell you
- If you have particular books in mind I suggest you try Inkmesh at http://inkmesh.com. If you enter a book name or authors name it will tell you where that book is available. You may have to try several stores, but I can usually find one which sells to Australia.

Hope this helps, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 04:51 AM   #3
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeamv View Post
"eReader", Kindle, and Stanza. I was purchasing the majority of my books from Fictionwise. Oh and I should mention that I live in Australia.

Now my wishlist has at fictionwise has all but disappeared, and geo restrictions seem to be locking me out of all the good stuff. I can't go back to paperbacks, I NEED to be carrying 30 or so books about in my pocket.

I know us Aussies do not have a reputation for being High brow intellectual reading types, but between drinking beer and chasing Kangaroos I do like a good romance!

Australian media companies are sheep, they aren't cool Kangaroos at all. That's basically the reason. At the rate they have moved lots of us might have reached end of lifespan before they have adapted significantly.

Do now?

1. Same as everyone else already does for tv, movies etc. that they won't make available for purchase.

2. You could also check http://readwithoutpaper.com to see if they have any of what you are looking for.

3. No idea what you like, and I am certainly no romance expert, but there are places like Samhain and Renaissance that cater to at least parts of this genre that you might find some stuff of interest :-

4. http://www.samhainpublishing.com/ or http://shop.pageturnereditions.com/S...lts.asp?Cat=24

Or check blogs like Dear Author etc. maybe - they are likely to have mentioned alternative places to buy stuff.

http://dearauthor.com/

You are certainly likely to find many hardcore addicts of similar location with the same problem.

If none of 4 is the sort of thing you are after then

Goto 1.

End if
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:52 AM   #4
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, and maybe http://www.cyberread.com/ might not have restrictions? So you can try there too perhaps. Never looked at romance books there though.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #5
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
So, the process is 1.) drink beer 2.) chase kangaroo 3.) have "romance"?

;-)
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
So, the process is 1.) drink beer 2.) chase kangaroo 3.) have "romance"?

;-)
Who said anything about chasing them, we may have them all trained and roaming the streets

To the OP, you could try www.ezread.com, the books are in epub and pdf but they have a huge range.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #7
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain

Kangaroos are rather pretty, even before drinking!

Old 05-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #8
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Here's another site you can try. They are romance writers selling directly to the reader. a writer's work is never done.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #9
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Have you checked the library here at MR?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #10
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
New eBook site may be best: www.EZread.com

Quote:

Dear Freeamv:

Luckily, Astak sells its eBook Readers heavily to Aussies. Now we have a new eBook store: www.EZread.com. The Aussies on our Dedicated Astak Forum on Mobileread Forum have said they love it. Forum members have said prices are great and the selection very good. Most novels are in EPUB, which almost any reader can use fine. The search engine is strong and it works for all eBook Readers that use Adobe Digital Editions (the vast majority of brands use this). And... we have a great new sci-fi authors novel up FREE.

Membership is FREE and I honestly think you will love it!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote