Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi! Is it possible to ignore hyphenation for this sections?:
Quote:
<div class="title"></div>
abogomolov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:43 PM   #302
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Not possible since plugin only supports ignoring HTML tags, not CSS classes or IDs. As in it can ignore all the DIVs.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 05:05 AM   #303
bluesorella
Lang lebe die DigiBib!
bluesorella can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bluesorella can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bluesorella can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bluesorella can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bluesorella can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bluesorella can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bluesorella can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bluesorella can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bluesorella can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bluesorella can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bluesorella can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I have decided to dispense on text searches (now searching with help of syllables instead of words, by the way: German language) and to get an aesthetic typeface on my Kobo Aura H2O. Thanks for this useful plugin.

Allow me a stupid question: Is there any way to display the separators by a code in the text search on Kobo reader? I think no, but like to ask.
bluesorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:11 AM   #304
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesorella View Post
I have decided to dispense on text searches (now searching with help of syllables instead of words, by the way: German language) and to get an aesthetic typeface on my Kobo Aura H2O. Thanks for this useful plugin.

Allow me a stupid question: Is there any way to display the separators by a code in the text search on Kobo reader? I think no, but like to ask.
I do not know the answer, but I suggest asking in the Kobo Reader forum as more Kobo users will see your question and maybe someone can answer your question.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:37 PM   #305
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[GUI Plugin] Hyphenate This! Exclusions

(I hope I did this in the right (sub) forum)

I've been using the GUI Plugin Hyphenate This! to add soft hyphens to an AZW3, and it usually works well

Ran into a epub that I converted to an AZW3 to make more readable (to my preferences) on my Paperwhite

The epub does not use <hx> tags for chapter titles (no Hx's in the CSS at all), but uses <p class="ct") and <p class="cn") for the chapter titles and chapter numbers.

The PI only seems to have the capability to exclude on a tag basis, not on a tag+class basis.

Any suggestions?

Maybe the PI could consider an enhancement?

Thanks
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:32 AM   #306
Asterios
Asterios began at the beginning.

Hi, thank you a lot for this plugin! But I have a problem, even if I followed all the steps of the guide, and I've also installed the italian dictionary linked here, the plugin doesen't work.

Edit. Now work perfectly! Thank you again and sorry for the post

Last edited by Asterios; 05-25-2017 at 07:39 AM.
Asterios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:10 PM   #307
mickblu
mickblu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Some questions re Hyphenate

Sorry about the duplication - this is the correct version. No idea what happened!
As a long-time user of Calibre, I am very excited to have found the Hyphenate This! plug-in as it has long been a frustration of mine that Kindles do not seemingly hyphenate side-loaded books. This is particularly annoying when one uses a fairly large character size (senior eyes!) and a line contains a long word (perhaps even containing a hard hyphen) which causes the justification rule to break the line about half-way across the page.

As I have a substantial library of such books (all, regrettably, converted from epub to mobi already and not azw3) I wonder if anyone could provide me with some advice on how to address the following issues I have encountered while experimenting with Hyphenate This!:
  1. Despite books being in English, I sometimes find that the plugin reports that the book is in some other language and refuses to hyphenate. (Book's "NK3" language is Arabic. There is no dictionary installed for this language. Book won't be hyphenated.) Also, sometimes it reports errors such as "TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable. p, li { white-space: pre-wra File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 118, in hyphenate
    File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 71, in _select_books
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Any thoughts as to why this might be, and what to do to address this?
  2. Many of my existing books seem to have hard-coded hyphenation (as someone suggested, this may be an artifact of the PDF to epub conversion). Is there a ready way to remove these hard hyphens so the soft hyphenation can do its magic?
  3. I would like to be able to select (say) 100 books or more at a time and have the following series of processes happen in a consecutive fashion (preferably without human intervention):
  • Remove hard hyphenation
  • Run Hyphenate
  • Remove the mobi version
  • Run the Calibre epub to azw3 conversion
It would seem to me that this would require a form of scripting that I am not aware of Calibre possessing, but again, others may know far more than I!

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-03-2017 at 07:16 PM.
mickblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:23 AM   #308
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
1. Have you checked the metadata in calibre (namely: Language)? If yes, you might also have a look into the book code (.css files): sometimes language can be hardcoded in there. For the other error I don't know, I think only the dev might help you with that

2. Not that I know, you shall remove it by hand. But I am not sure what you mean by "hard-coded" hypenation... you see the li-ne-s wro-te as this e-ven the-y do not break? If not, I wouldn't say it is hard-hypenated...

3. I don't think Calibre is scriptable, but you may run each step for the whole bunch of books, you just need to select all the books in advance and run the action you need
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:29 AM   #309
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You could reconvert from ePub to KF8 and delete the Mobi.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:03 PM   #310
procyon
copyleft librarian
procyon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
to convert before hyphenation?

If I want hyphenation in a book that I converted from epub to azw3, should I first hyphenate the epub, or should I do the conversion first?
procyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:11 PM   #311
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by procyon View Post
If I want hyphenation in a book that I converted from epub to azw3, should I first hyphenate the epub, or should I do the conversion first?
Convert from ePub to KF8 and then apply the hyphens. That's the best way to do it.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:35 PM   #312
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
Moving here from another thread - just got my PW3, and am wondering how to enable hyphens in my Polish books? I suppose hyphenation will not work for MOBI, so I need to convert the files to AZW3, KF8 or KFX? What's the difference between them and is any of them best?

On a side note, ebooks purchased from Amazon Store are hyphenated. Why is that, are they in one of those three formats?

EDIT: OK, converted ebooks to AZW3, hyphenation works.

Last edited by Buhaj47; 09-21-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:29 AM   #313
Susan Shapona
Susan Shapona began at the beginning.

Device: amazon fire
Hyphenate This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauliusP. View Post
Hyphenate This! will add soft hyphens to your ebook and add even better feel of a real book!

Supports EPUB and AZW3 formats (no MOBI, even with KF8 inside, convert instead).

If you have a Kindle (with AZW3/KF8 support) this plugin will explode the book, add soft-hyphens and rebuild it back.

How can I use Hyphenate This without it affecting the headings? I want everything except those to be hyphenated. I also notice that applying Hyphenate This! reduces all text to the same size. How do I keep all sizes? Thanks
Susan Shapona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:32 PM   #314
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Shapona View Post
How can I use Hyphenate This without it affecting the headings? I want everything except those to be hyphenated.
My guess is that you should read the User Guide section in post #1 carefully and investigate the 'tags to ignore' option.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:16 AM   #315
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Tags to ignore has little value in real life scenario, because huge percentage of retail ebooks uses p tag + some CSS class for headings... and for those books you're left with having to manually fix things after hyphenate plugin finishes. It never bothered me that much so I've never tried testing if the problem can be fixed by adding "hyphens: none" (plus all the vendor prefixed variants) to appropriate CSS classes. I usually just make sure to remove soft-hyphens from ToC and Copyrights pages.

edit: Ok, I've done a quick test. Adding "-webkit-hyphens: none" works ("hyphens: none" doesn't) on my Kindle (PW3 on firmware 5.6.5, azw3 book).
Attached Files
File Type: azw3 Hyphens_test.azw3 (78.5 KB, 332 views)

Last edited by shamanNS; 09-28-2017 at 10:13 AM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon account, formatting, hypenation, hyphenate this, hyphenation, spaces