Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-25-2017, 09:48 AM   #31
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
There are good alternatives (also free) to Sticky Password. I use LastPass and have not had this (or any other) issue caused by LastPass. You can see very useful reviews on pcmag.com, including both of these.
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:21 AM   #32
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Thanks for reporting back with your success findings.
(bad) Interactions are a bear to find.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:05 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One thing not many people think of is to start the computer in SAFE MODE. Starting in safe mode let's you know if the problem is with something you run when the computer starts or not. If it is, then it's a matter of finding out what it is you run that causes the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #34
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
There are good alternatives (also free) to Sticky Password. I use LastPass and have not had this (or any other) issue caused by LastPass. You can see very useful reviews on pcmag.com, including both of these.
for LastPass

Another P/W locker that gives calibre grief is RoboForm, and in that case it's not just calibre that's affected. I scrapped it years ago because it interfered with non Trident (IE, Maxthon etc) browsers (that's probably been fixed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
One thing not many people think of is to start the computer in SAFE MODE. Starting in safe mode let's you know if the problem is with something you run when the computer starts or not. If it is, then it's a matter of finding out what it is you run that causes the problem.

You can do much (but not all) of what a Safe Boot will do by disabling everything in Start Up using Task Manager followed by a logoff/logon.

If the problem goes away (either with a Safe Boot or by disabling everything in Start Up), disabling start up tasks in a binary chop will soon find the culprit.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:08 PM   #35
anca2604
anca2604 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I would try terminating Sticky Password and and then run calibre. Calibre runs as more than one task, and ignore lists have been known to fail

If Sticky Password allows folders to ignored, try ignoring the complete Calbre2 install folder.

BR
You were right, Sticky Password is indeed the culprit! I can't really thank you enough for our suggestion, this issue really got on my nerves, especially since I didn't have any problems running Calibre before! I am sending them an email to let them know of this bug, and fix it! The Ignore app function does not work, at least not on Calibre, and they haven't included an option to ignore folders yet.

I noticed that Sticky Password also affects Atlantis Word Processor when selecting text/paragraphs, and as soon as I killed SP from running in background the above issue disappeared

I have reinstalled Calibre x64 as this was the version I used before all this started and it works great!

Thank you all so much for your assistance!
anca2604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:08 PM   #36
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by anca2604 View Post
I noticed that Sticky Password also affects Atlantis Word Processor when selecting text/paragraphs, and as soon as I killed SP from running in background the above issue disappeared
I suggest you forget about Sticky Password, there are plenty of password managers that won't give you grief. PC Mag has recent comparisons of free and pay4me products - Last Pass ticks all the boxes in both.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, crashing, freezing, windows 10