Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-03-2016, 07:16 PM   #1
charles_cinci
Enthusiast
charles_cinci began at the beginning.

Device: nook
epub looks fine using Calibre viewer, but not on Nook

I've got a couple amazon AZW3 kids books in calibre.

I've converted them to EPUB.

In the calibre view, they look fine.

When I load them on my son's Nook ST, the formatting is off. It's as if the page is zoomed in and part of it is cut off. Interestingly, when you goto the next page, you see just the complete text from the first page without the picture. (Screenshots attached)

I've converted loads of books from amazon to epub without issue. Even some other kids books.

Interestingly, my Nook Glowlight plus won't even open the epub.

I tired reconverting after upgrading to the latest version of Calibre, but that didn't have any effect.

Thank you!
Charles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 10_3_2016 , 7_09_29 PM.png
Views:	192
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	152137   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161003_191048.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	152138   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161003_191101.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	152139  
charles_cinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That is a very tricky dropcap?(it surrounds the block)

I wonder if you really have a Kindle formatted PDF as a source.

We all know about PDF as a source. That is a tricky one, so divide the chances of success by at least 5
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:06 PM   #3
charles_cinci
Enthusiast

Yeah, I've heard all about the problems of PDF...

But if that was the case, shouldn't the calibre viewer have a problem with it too?
Old 10-03-2016, 08:20 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_cinci View Post
Yeah, I've heard all about the problems of PDF...

But if that was the case, shouldn't the calibre viewer have a problem with it too?
Roll the dice

I would have expected something in between what you got.
Note that the Calibre viewer is very generous with what you can toss at it.

The trouble is everybody (device) tampers with the software. Nook did their thing. Astak did theirs. so just having an ADE (RMSDK) device does not guarantee the same results on different brands.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:27 PM   #5
charles_cinci
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That is a very tricky dropcap?(it surrounds the block)
Also note that the other pages act the same, and they don't have the dropcap.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:36 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Some kind of fixed layout book it looks like?

IIRC Nook/B&N has their own PagePerfect PDF and ePib (nook kids) formats for fixed layout so perhaps a nook doesn't support a fixed layout ePub?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote