Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-07-2014, 04:57 AM   #46
angor00
Enthusiast
angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by angor00 View Post
Instructions for Kobo Glo and Kobo Touch were added as a comment to the post "Booting Android from external SD on Kobo Aura HD" on the blog
Sorry, SD image for Kobo Touch is broken, I'm fixing it.
angor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:58 AM   #47
angor00
Enthusiast
angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Sorry, SD image for Kobo Touch is broken, I'm fixing it.
Fixed
Old 02-07-2014, 07:19 AM   #48
angor00
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xping View Post
I have a doubt just about what should work and what should not work.

Is there a way to make wifi work, or to have internet connection anyway?
I'm working on it. And also I'm working on USB, backlight, G-sensor and sleepcover. And finally, I want to build Android from scratch, not using image from Tolino Shine that being used now.

Details will be posted on the blog.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #49
dalamario
Enthusiast
dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: KOBO Aura HD, KOBO Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by xping View Post
Is there a way to make wifi work, or to have internet connection anyway?
I'm using Android standalone (not in dual boot) and WIFI I is working fine, LAN and Internet.

Last edited by dalamario; 02-07-2014 at 10:57 AM.
dalamario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:31 AM   #50
angor00
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalamario View Post
I'm using Android standalone (not in dual noot) and WIFI I is working fine, LAN and Internet.
You are using a version from phj.hu/auraHD. That kernel is for Kobo Glo (Tolino Shine). My version is using the kernel for AuraHD, it just hasn't fully debugged yet. I can put the kernel from phj.hu/auraHD/ while the kernel for AuraHD isn't debugged.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #51
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
The first post is updated with the links for Dual Booting.
Thank you angor00. This is great work!

I tested the Glo version and I was able to Dual Boot Nickel - Android just fine!

Some observations:
- I don't have the option to reset the device anymore, by keeping the light button pressed when I power on, even without the external sd attached.

- When on Android, the light button is not used as "Back" button.
I miss this, because sometimes while experimenting with various things, the Button savior app may crash, leaving me with no button to get out of the mess I created ;o)
I wonder if its possible to regain its use after using it for the initial android boot.

- I couldn't create a backup from the internal sd to external.
At the original translation there are two points where the backup should happen. One after each restart from the KoboRoot.tgz file copy.
I must be doing something wrong, but it doesn't matter because I already have images of everything.

Some questions for angor00
What is changed in your image?
At first, I thought it was only the unpartitioned first part of the image, so, I copied the System and Data partitions from my image (a lot of customization I didn't want to do from scratch).
It didn't work.
When I copied the System partition back, it booted fine.
I did copy my modded files manually, so its OK, but since you're messing with the system, I wanted to ask you if you can fix the only things missing from the Glo (and the AuraHD) kernel. The 1 GHz CPU clock and the magnetic On-Off switch.

Even without them though, This is Great Work!
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:43 PM   #52
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
You have to change only two files. Here is archive with them.
Thanks, although I can keep yours now.

Quote:
Did you mean factory reset? I've done it on purpose after a couple of factory resets.
For factory reset I made special SD card which attached to external slot instead card with Android
Any links?

Quote:
I think you need to look towards the file "Android\ System/system/usr/keylayout/mxckpd.kl"
I've checked it and its the same with the one of the image that the "Back" button works.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #53
plivesey
plivesey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Probably a silly question, but how does one choose between booting Android or Nickel on a Touch?
plivesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:46 AM   #54
angor00
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by plivesey View Post
Probably a silly question, but how does one choose between booting Android or Nickel on a Touch?
I think you have to press and hold the "Home" button when you turn the device on.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:31 AM   #55
angor00
Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by angor00
I think you need to look towards the file "Android\ System/system/usr/keylayout/mxckpd.kl"
I've checked it and its the same with the one of the image that the "Back" button works.
Try to add to the top of the file "Android\ System/system/usr/keylayout/mxckpd.kl" the following line:
Code:
key 90    HOME              WAKE

Last edited by angor00; 02-10-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:05 AM   #56
plivesey
plivesey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
I think you have to press and hold the "Home" button when you turn the device on.
I've tried that, but can't get it to work. The LED goes red which is probably not a good sign!
plivesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #57
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Try to add to the top of the file "Android\ System/system/usr/keylayout/mxckpd.kl" the following line:
Code:
key 90    HOME              WAKE
It works!
Great!
Thank you very much.

On a side note, is there a card image for the Glo, or Touch, to Factory Reset?
I'm trying to convert the AuraHD one, by copying the recovery.fs partition of my Glo card and installing the dualboot-android-glo-touch.zip patch to make it bootable, but it dosn't work ...
Old 02-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #58
angor00
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by plivesey View Post
I've tried that, but can't get it to work. The LED goes red which is probably not a good sign!
Hm, I'll check the SD image for Touch maybe it was broken.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #59
angor00
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
On a side note, is there a card image for the Glo, or Touch, to Factory Reset?
I'm trying to convert the AuraHD one, by copying the recovery.fs partition of my Glo card and installing the dualboot-android-glo-touch.zip patch to make it bootable, but it dosn't work ...
I need the archive of "recoveryfs" partition from Glo to make the SD image.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #60
angor00
Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by plivesey
Hm, I'll check the SD image for Touch maybe it was broken.
The image looks like working. Try to make a card from that image here.