Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
chicagofilms
chicagofilms began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Thinking of getting one

I love my iPad, but as a book reader, it's not cutting it. I think it's the backlight that bothers me. I was thinking about getting a Kindle.

Is there a way to have books show up on my Kindle iPad app & an actual Kindle & keep in sync? Not books bought through Amazon, but ones I convert myself?

Is it just a matter of drag & drop from my computer to the Kindle for things I've converted?

Thanks!
chicagofilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
You might want to visit this thread and read from the beginning.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=113315&page=9
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle 3
CF it is my understanding that books that you have converted will not stay in sync on multiple devices like the books you buy from amazon.

you can transfer books to the kindle by connecting it to the computer, or by emailing it to yourself at an address amazon provides you for that purpose.

until i used it, i was not real impressed with the email feature but now that i have had it for a while i think it is really slick.
tm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
As the threads linked indicate - it is possible to sync non-Amazon books amongst Kindles and Kindle Apps.

The newest versions of Calibre have been updated to help in the implementation. Otherwise, you'd have to utilize Mobi2Mobi and alter a few of the fields yourself.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
chicagofilms

Awesome, thanks for the info!

I had a hunch Calibre would be mentioned. Gotta love that guy!
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
chicagofilms

Yea, in a bit of irony I had a Sony Reader and loved it. Then it broke, right before the iPad came out so I got that. Now I'm looking for that sweet e-ink again for basic book reading...