Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #16
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Remember that this was amazon.de, so the quoted price would include VAT at 19%. That would make the price $160 without VAT. Amazon generally knock off $20 for the ad-supported version, so perhaps $140-ish?
The current prices are 129 euro in Germany to $139 in USA without ads or $119 with ads

So, if there is the same correspondence it goes to $199 without ads and $179 with ads
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #17
ezzkmo
igloo appraiser
ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Keyboard
Here's a sample of the manual hosted on Amazon. Just click the "Read first chapter FREE" button." There's some good info on how the new pressure-sensitive "PagePress" buttons work. As well as mention of the power button being located on the back of the device. Interesting.

https://kindle.amazon.com/post/pIBszKxoQmyZFE2iAzfTvw
ezzkmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2014, 12:54 PM   #18
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Having a light sensor seems a little strange given that people have varying comfort levels/eyesight. It's one of those things I always turn off on my tablet.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #19
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzkmo View Post
Here's a sample of the manual hosted on Amazon. Just click the "Read first chapter FREE" button." There's some good info on how the new pressure-sensitive "PagePress" buttons work. As well as mention of the power button being located on the back of the device. Interesting.

https://kindle.amazon.com/post/pIBszKxoQmyZFE2iAzfTvw
I tried and was told that title is not available in the US. Drat.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #20
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I never bother using the light sensor on my tablet. It won't get the light right for me anyway. You want to give me more convenience? Let me adjust the front light by swiping edge of screen or something.

This doesn't appeal to me. Unless they bring back audio and TTs, I'd rather have the Aura h2o
Barty is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #21
ezzkmo
igloo appraiser
ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I tried and was told that title is not available in the US. Drat.
I'm in the U.S. and it works fine for me. It's also hosted by the Amazon.com U.S. site. Are you clicking the "read sample" button? It did give me a message about this title not being available, but then I clicked continue reading sample or something and it worked.

Anyways here's another link to the full-text of what the sample contains:

https://kindleweb.s3.amazonaws.com/c...gz_sample.html
ezzkmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #22
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
No buttons - they're the sensors:

PagePress: To page forward or back in a book, squeeze either side of the screen. Use the line to page forward, and the dot to page back. You can keep your right or left thumb resting on the pressure-sensitive controls. To adjust the pressure required to turn a page, or the feedback you receive when a page turns, go to Settings, Reading Options then PagePress. You can also use PagePress to navigate your library on the Home screen.

Last edited by JoHunt; 09-17-2014 at 01:37 PM.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:36 PM   #23
stutzj
Zealot
stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, PW2, Kindle 5(black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroo View Post
According to the screenshot from the German site
http://www.lesen.net/wp-content/uplo...screenshot.jpg
there will be also a new basic Kindle with touch screen.

There is also a graphic of the new Voyage - page turn buttons are back and possibly light sensors.
http://allesebook.de/e-book-reader/l...-voyage-53684/
Hmmm...the basic Kindle touch device releases October 2nd in Europe, a full month before the Kindle voyager. I wonder what the PPI is on it and if it has physical buttons. Might actually be more interested in this...
stutzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #24
stutzj
Zealot
stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BTW, I bet Amazon is going to do press release/pre-order today.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #25
unknownsoldierx
unknownsoldierx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
http://www.cnet.com/news/kindle-voya...-amazon-sites/

Prices for the Voyage are reported to be 189 euro for wifi and 249 euro for 3G. So US prices could maybe be up to $245/$325?

Not feeling bad about recently buying the PW on sale $99.

Last edited by unknownsoldierx; 09-17-2014 at 01:43 PM.
unknownsoldierx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #26
stutzj
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsoldierx View Post

Prices for the Voyage are reported to be 189 euro for wifi and 249 euro for 3G. So US prices could be around $245/$325.

US devices in Europe are generally much higher due to taxes. I'm guessing a $149/w specially offers price for the wifi version.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:44 PM   #27
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:

Prices for the Voyage are reported to be 189 euro for wifi and 249 euro for 3G. So US prices could maybe be up to $245/$325?

The German ones include taxes
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #28
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:

Prices for the Voyage are reported to be 189 euro for wifi and 249 euro for 3G. So US prices could be around $245/$325.

You can't do a direct currency exchange of Amazon prices. For example the basic German version of the Paperwhite is normally 129 euros ($167), while the US price is $139 (no ads).

Last edited by JoHunt; 09-17-2014 at 01:49 PM.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:47 PM   #29
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
Here's the excerpt about PagePress:

Quote:
PagePress: To page forward or back in a book, squeeze either side of the screen. Use the line to page forward, and the dot to page back. You can keep your right or left thumb resting on the pressure-sensitive controls. To adjust the pressure required to turn a page, or the feedback you receive when a page turns, go to Settings, Reading Options, then PagePress. You can also use PagePress to navigate your library on the Home screen.
Sounds a bit strange to me.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't refresh the thread.
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #30
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzkmo View Post
I'm in the U.S. and it works fine for me. It's also hosted by the Amazon.com U.S. site. Are you clicking the "read sample" button? It did give me a message about this title not being available, but then I clicked continue reading sample or something and it worked.

Anyways here's another link to the full-text of what the sample contains:

https://kindleweb.s3.amazonaws.com/c...gz_sample.html
Thanks.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote