Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 03:23 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
sony prs650 auto management and bookmarks

it's early days for me with sony + calibre but there seems to be an issue with bookmarks and files gettign out of synch.

when I edit/reconvert epub files with sigil/calibre, e.g. to amend stylesheets, then use calibre to overwrite the copies already on device, I can't then open those books on the Sony if they previously also had bookmarks saved .

Seems the bookmark/note is confused because the file location it points to has changed.

So, I have to also go delete notes/bookmarks on the device itself to get the replaced books to open OK. they do then open at last read page, so the bookmark is not really needed, but it is a nuisance to have to do this extra manual step.

otherwise the book either hangs and fails to open or gives an invalid page message in response to using the bookmark.

should I be explicity deleting from device then resending to device, not just oeverwriting - would that help or would I still have to manually manage associated notes /bookmarks ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
delete, disconnect your device, then reconnect and send.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
delete, disconnect your device, then reconnect and send.
if it's necessary to actually disconnect between delete & resend ? why is that so ???
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote