Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #31
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I don't have a nook, but one of my best friends uses one - and she uploads non-DRM books to it all the time. Yes, I have heard that a part of the memory is reserved for B&N content, but I do not know how large that is.

Sorry if my advice was off track. I did not even catch the fact that you were downunderallthewaythere at first.

Regarding others catching up... I believe Amazon is supposed to release a similar-technology kindle this summer. I do not know if there has been an official announcement, but it seems more than a rumor, at this point. If you google it, it's been in the news a lot.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #32
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Umbrellas and Goffins are Cockatoos. Cockatoo is the type of parrot and Umbrella & Goffin are species of Cockatoos. Similar to saying Dog but what type of dog - German Shepherd, poodle etc.

I have videos of them up on Youtube. The lastest one is the Brella escaping from her cage in seconds flat!! LOL

Oh ya! They get lots of toys. My hubby makes them & they love them but they still like to chew things they're not supposed to. Like......the chair, the wall frame, the baseboard, the carpet on the stairs, the underpadding from the carpet on the stairs, the wood under the underpadding under the carpet on the stairs...you get the idea!! !

Yes, Jake can very much be a pest but when she's cute, she's adorable. ???? Jake for a girl??? We thought she was a he for the first 16 years of her life. But she laid an egg one day so that changed!! LOL It's still hard to get used to saying she instead of he but she knows her name and we can't change it.

They make life fun & interesting.
You sound like you've got a lovely and lively house atmosphere .... and I bet you watch the birds and they watch you and you watch them watching you and they know they're every bit as human you!!!

I know it's hard to tell the sex of our drop in sulphur crested cockatoos - it's in the eye colour - dark brown outer for female and black for male - but unless they're facing directly into the sunlight you can't really see the difference.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #33
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
I don't have a nook, but one of my best friends uses one - and she uploads non-DRM books to it all the time. Yes, I have heard that a part of the memory is reserved for B&N content, but I do not know how large that is.

Sorry if my advice was off track. I did not even catch the fact that you were downunderallthewaythere at first.

Regarding others catching up... I believe Amazon is supposed to release a similar-technology kindle this summer. I do not know if there has been an official announcement, but it seems more than a rumor, at this point. If you google it, it's been in the news a lot.
No confusion vxf, and thank you for helping!!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #34
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
It would be like living in paradise to me, to have cockatoos and other wild parrots in my back yard. I would spend a lot of time looking at them! I would feed them, too. I have feeders placed where I can see them from my computer, but alas, no parrots in the wild, here. Cockatoos are so amazing....lynx, have you seen any of the black ones in the wild? Those are among the rarest in the states.

My parrots live in a room in my basement, unfortunately, as my husband developed an allergy to them. But they seem quite content there. I just don't get to see them all day long, like I used to.

I am eagerly awaiting the new Kindle announcement....not that I care one way or another about the front light. I just want to see what other improvements they are making to the Touch. I have a list, and if the features I want are there, I will buy one! Otherwise I'll stick to my Sony Touch (and my K3 & Fire). I do hope they release the Fire for Australia soon. They really should. It's a fabulous little tablet.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #35
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Booklover re the birds .... having them around all the time means that you don't really notice them as much I think. You know what it's like the more you become familiar with things the less you notice.

However, what I would notice missing would be the various birdsong if that wasn't a constant backdrop when I was at home. Most of our birds are NOISY, lol!!

Some of course have very pretty songs, but the cockatoo screech is a bit way over the top especially when the flock's quite large and they're sitting in trees surrounding you when they start their screech yelling match. Ouch that's loud and not at all tuneful.

Re the black cockatoos - oh yep - we get the yellow tailed blacks here, and I've also seen the red tailed blacks and gang gangs in the wild.

I always know when the yellow tailed black is around or overhead because of their distinctive call.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 07-09-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Advert
Old 06-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #36
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Booklover re Kindle ..... mmmmm ... Amazon leave me cold ..... they don't have a dedicated Aus site - instead Australians are expected to buy their Amazon products in USD unaware of the exchange rate that will be used because the amount is advertised, calculated and paid for in USD on the screen and at some later time that is invisible to the consumer the amount is converted by an undisplayed exchange rate into Aus $.

It is the Aus $ rate that then shows on your credit card bill.

As a business practice that sucks.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:59 AM   #37
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Lynx is in Australia. A Nook would be useless.
I live in Argentina and use a Nook Glow with no problems with side loaded content. Location is really no concern.
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:04 AM   #38
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post

The Glow memory is 256k for side loaded content. That´s about 250 books, but you can load them onto the card also. I also download DRM protected books from Argentine sites that load without any problem onto the Nook after authorizing the device on ADE. The ONLY thing you can´t do with the glow if you don´t have B&N content is make lists from your SD card.
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote