Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
cheyennedonna
Edge User

PocketCloud - free remote control PC

http://www.wyse.com/products/softwar.../index.asp#req
I found this, installed - it works. I saw someone had previously posted on their forum that it crashed edge - version 1.0. The current version 1.1 works. (poster was k.ewin on 9/13/2010 if anyone knows who that might have been)

Old 12-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

This would be better than Logmein as it's available outside the Google Market place.

Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
Snepscheut
Edge User

No Linux support on the host computer?

To bad.

Jos

Old 12-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snepscheut View Post
No Linux support on the host computer?

To bad.

Jos
TeamViewer
http://www.teamviewer.com/download/mobile.aspx for Android
http://www.teamviewer.com/download/index.aspx for Linux

Old 12-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
canezila
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
WHOO that is COOL! Thanks for the info...

Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
Snepscheut
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
Cheyennedonna,

Thanks, I guess I did not searched well enough.

Jos.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
canezila
Edge User

I just prOgramed my MYTHTV computer using this program. My 64bit linux desktop on my eDGe... very very amazing.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #8
nprnncbl
Edge User

I'm curious; how is it different from using vnc?

Old 12-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #9
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nprnncbl View Post
I'm curious; how is it different from using vnc?
All the thinking is done for you, no need to configure, open ports etc.
Plus, if you use Team Viewer you can connect to any computer that is running TeamViewer, as long as you have a code.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #10
ivan
Edge User

That assumes there is a version available for your operating system. Not so ours - OS/2. We do have VNC server and client so I will give it a try out when our field guy that the eDGe at the moment gets back from his trip.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #11
k.ewin
Edge User

PocketCloud seems to be available only from the market place. I have only found the old 1.0 version using APKtor. Where did you get the apk?

I have moved on and tried Xtralogic first and then Remote RDP. I am very happy with the latter. Especially as it supports touch enabled applications like Microsoft Office on Windows 7.

The only drawback with RDP clients are the Android limitations on using Ctrl-Key combinations and the right mouse button with an USB mouse and keyboard. Does PocketCloud get around this?

Old 12-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #12
skapsal
Edge User

Xtralogic does by having a "windows buttons" menu that allows you to turn on the ctrl key (sticky) and then your second key. Also a long press is a right click.

The screen panning in touchpad mode is awesome too.

The only problem I have with it is the licensing. I bought it off the android market from the emulator. Now they have added a market check when you launch a connection. I just stick with my old apk. It is available from another site though and that version does not do the market check.