Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-16-2016, 01:40 PM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
ExtractCoverThumbs

Thought this tool deserved a thread of it's own. Now up to version 0.9.3:

https://github.com/quiris11/ExtractCoverThumbs/releases

Is it still relevant with newer firmwares though?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:50 PM   #2
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
Thought this tool deserved a thread of it's own. Now up to version 0.9.3:

https://github.com/quiris11/ExtractCoverThumbs/releases

Is it still relevant with newer firmwares though?
removed

Last edited by radamo; 12-08-2016 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Removed this post.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:24 PM   #3
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I noticed that this is not working anymore, e.g. on the new Oasis 2 firmware. Is there a reason for that?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:07 AM   #4
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I noticed that this is not working anymore, e.g. on the new Oasis 2 firmware. Is there a reason for that?
Doesn't this only work on a jailbroken device?
Old 11-14-2017, 01:21 PM   #5
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
Doesn't this only work on a jailbroken device?
It used to work on every firmware...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:45 PM   #6
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
It used to work on every firmware...
Possibly true... my Voyage was jailbroken so I just assumed. I think the limitation you pointed to in another thread was "mobi" vs. "azw3" formats. That was why I was still sideloading to my Voyage even though that kept me from being able to use whispersync.