Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
Domas
Enthusiast
Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Sony PRS-505, Elonex (EB600E), Cool-er (EB600EM), Hanvon N516
Lightbulb Solderless JTAG/Serial connector

Wanted to share my idea of making solderless connector for connecting JTAG and Serial cables to EB600E, EB600EM, and probably other readers that have connection holes.

When I bricked my Elonex reader, I needed to connect JTAG to reflash bootloader and later Serial cable to update firmware. But I didn't like the idea of soldering directly to reader.

I took SIP brake-a-way socket and bent its legs inward. Now I can connect needed cables to SIP socket and connect it to my reader. Firstly I insert one side and then with little pressure other side pops right in.

Due to the lack of soldered joints this could lead to some speed loss using JTAG, but with Serial I haven't noticed any problems. Using this connector I've managed to successfully unbrick my device (well... after that I've bricked it many times while playing ant trying different firmwares).

Photos could be more self explanatory.

Tags
bricked, idea, jtag, serial, unbricking