Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-09-2019, 10:14 PM   #301
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
You don’t need to patch for this anymorev

Plug your Kobo in to your computer, on the drive you have access to should be a .kobo folder in that folder make a new folder called screensaver. Whatever image you put in will be used when the device sleeps or powers off if you have the display cover option enabled. Note multiple images results in a random selection at the time of sleep or power off.
Yes, that is correct. Also, this thread is for discussing kobopatch itself. For patch requests, post them in the kobopatch request thread. For questions,.comments, and discussion, post in the patch thread for your firmware.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:39 AM   #302
fotoroberto
fotoroberto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Yes, that is correct. Also, this thread is for discussing kobopatch itself. For patch requests, post them in the kobopatch request thread. For questions,.comments, and discussion, post in the patch thread for your firmware.
Ah, wasn't aware of that, thanks.
fotoroberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2019, 10:48 AM   #303
celticchrys
Enthusiast
celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2014 (1st edition)
Is there somewhere that has a list of all the patches and what they do? I've looked in multiple patching threads, on github, and on the pgaskin web page.
Thanks.
celticchrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:16 AM   #304
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
The best places for all information about all patches are the actual patches files in the src folder in Kobopatch. In commented lines there is a brief but generally exhaustive description of what the patch changes.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:59 AM   #305
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
The best places for all information about all patches are the actual patches files in the src folder in Kobopatch. In commented lines there is a brief but generally exhaustive description of what the patch changes.
Yes. And sometime in the next few months, I'll probably put together an automatically generated page with all the patches and descriptions, along with a configuration generator.
Advert
Old 10-24-2019, 11:03 AM   #306
celticchrys
Enthusiast
celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2014 (1st edition)
Quote:
Yes. And sometime in the next few months, I'll probably put together an automatically generated page with all the patches and descriptions, along with a configuration generator.
Ok, thanks for the replies, people!
celticchrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:26 AM   #307
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
deleted
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:07 PM   #308
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
@geek1011
Would it be possible to include the directory and recursion options in the "ADDITIONAL FILES" section?
Something like:
*** src/[whateverdir]: usr/local/[whateverdir]
where all files within the [whateverdir] directory are copied with the same file structure at the indicated site.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:26 AM   #309
BetaMaster
BetaMaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Max 3
I bought Clara HD recently and found this awesome thread. Is there any possibility to change Google default search language to Indonesian, for example? I want to highlight some text and translate it into the Indonesian language automatically. In libnickel.so patch file, I only found Wikipedia search and no Google search option. By default, when I highlight English text and search it on Google, it will be translated into English again.
BetaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:40 AM   #310
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
@geek1011
Would it be possible to include the directory and recursion options in the "ADDITIONAL FILES" section?
Something like:
*** src/[whateverdir]: usr/local/[whateverdir]
where all files within the [whateverdir] directory are copied with the same file structure at the indicated site.
Maybe. I'll look into this after the next firmware update whenever that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaMaster View Post
I bought Clara HD recently and found this awesome thread. Is there any possibility to change Google default search language to Indonesian, for example? I want to highlight some text and translate it into the Indonesian language automatically. In libnickel.so patch file, I only found Wikipedia search and no Google search option. By default, when I highlight English text and search it on Google, it will be translated into English again.
This belongs in the request thread, and yes, it should be possible. I don't have time to do this right now, but check the strings for the URL and try replacing that.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #311
Ntress
Ntress began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I just received my Kobo Clara HD after the black friday sale.
I've been reading the main thread post but couldn't really understand what does kobpatch gives me if I install it?
If some one could make it simplified I would be much greatful.

Also, is there an option to have a dictionary for English to Hebrew?
Ntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:15 AM   #312
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntress View Post
I just received my Kobo Clara HD after the black friday sale.
I've been reading the main thread post but couldn't really understand what does kobpatch gives me if I install it?
If some one could make it simplified I would be much greatful.

Also, is there an option to have a dictionary for English to Hebrew?
For kobopatch, download the patches from the patch thread and look at the patch descriptions. There's also a demo of the header/footer patches here: https://pgaskin.net/kobopatch-patche...tch-13651.html.

For dictionaries, ask on the dictionary thread.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:38 AM   #313
Ntress

Quote:
For kobopatch, download the patches from the patch thread and look at the patch descriptions. There's also a demo of the header/footer patches here: https://pgaskin.net/kobopatch-patche...tch-13651.html.

For dictionaries, ask on the dictionary thread.
Thank you for the fast reply
I just flashed the last kobopatch v56
how can I check that its working and its not just the regular firmware ?

and sorry but I couldn't find the dictionary thread for asking ?

Last edited by Ntress; 12-13-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #314
IanScuffling
Enthusiast
IanScuffling began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
One idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntress View Post
Thank you for the fast reply
I just flashed the last kobopatch v56
how can I check that its working and its not just the regular firmware ?

and sorry but I couldn't find the dictionary thread for asking ?
Well, if you selected any particular patch, check and see if it had the desired effect. E.g., if you selected "Swap reading header/footer: ", by setting it to "yes" [this is one of my favorites], see if they are swapped.
IanScuffling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:55 AM   #315
Ntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanScuffling View Post
Well, if you selected any particular patch, check and see if it had the desired effect. E.g., if you selected "Swap reading header/footer: ", by setting it to "yes" [this is one of my favorites], see if they are swapped.
Sorry I just received it today so i'm asking stupid questions.
I guess you mean that I have this option when I read a book.

The main problem is I couldn't figure out yet how do I import and sildeload an .epub book that I have on my computer..
I tried to download the kobo app in my phone and I can see my .epub there after importing it, but it doesn't add it to my Clara.
How do I sideload a book then?

Also, doesn't kobo have an option for dropbox sync?

Tags
kobo, kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb