Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 10-04-2019, 07:07 PM   #1
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur
HippieWiccan began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 12.2
Metadata Edit Error

I am trying to edit the metadata using the content server (awesome new feature BTW!) and I keep getting this error...see screenshot

I am using chrome on Android
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-04-18-02-47.png
Views:	31
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	173967  
HippieWiccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to setup user accounts forthe server. Anonymous users are not allowed to make changes like editing metadata as that would men anyone could connect to the server and destroy your data.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2019, 08:09 AM   #3
efficacy
efficacy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I am also having this problem. I have set up a user but can not find out how to log in to the content server. I can't find any mention of this in the documentation and nothing obvious on the web interface.

Am I missing something obvious?
efficacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:09 AM   #4
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur
HippieWiccan began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 12.2
Thank you! I got it to work! You rock! ��
HippieWiccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:21 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by efficacy View Post
I am also having this problem. I have set up a user but can not find out how to log in to the content server. I can't find any mention of this in the documentation and nothing obvious on the web interface.

Am I missing something obvious?
If yo uhave enabled authentication and restarted the server simply hit refresh in the browser and the browser will autoatically prompt you for crdentials.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert