Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-07-2017, 11:26 PM   #1
jdege
Connoisseur
jdege began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
[Android] Configuring authentication?

I'm using Calibre Companion to connect to an instance of calibre-server running on my Linux box.

Calibre-server has an --enable-auth mechanism, to require authentication when accessing the server.

I'm not seeing any way of setting up authentication in the Calibre Companion configuration.

Has anyone made this work?
jdege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:45 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdege View Post
I'm using Calibre Companion to connect to an instance of calibre-server running on my Linux box.

Calibre-server has an --enable-auth mechanism, to require authentication when accessing the server.

I'm not seeing any way of setting up authentication in the Calibre Companion configuration.

Has anyone made this work?
I assume you are using CC Android.

CC automatically asks the user for credentials if the server requires them, otherwise CC connects without authentication. CC also remembers the last credentials used, presents these upon connection, and asks only if these saved credentials don't work. If you want to change credentials then you must "Delete passwords" (CC / Settings / Other)

If you run start the content server from the command line with
Code:
calibre-server --enable-auth
then CC does authenticate. My guess is that CC already has the correct credentials so isn't asking you for them.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert