Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #1
Magic Matt
Magic Matt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle eReader 4
Kindle Fire 7 (7th Gen) any news on rooting?

I'd like to root my kindle so I can experiment with swapping internal and external storage etc. but I can't find anything other than 5th gen instructions. Am I right to assume there's no solution yet? Is there a particular listI should be following for news?

Thanks
Magic Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:34 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Since 7th gen hasn't been shipped .... dought you find any one doing Rooting
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2017, 10:53 PM   #3
Magic Matt

I'm guessing there's still no news on this?
I don't know why Barbara thought the Kindle Fire 7 7th generation hasn't shipped because I originally posted using it.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:24 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Matt View Post
I'm guessing there's still no news on this?
I don't know why Barbara thought the Kindle Fire 7 7th generation hasn't shipped because I originally posted using it.
What I can tell you is that the 5th generation root might not work on yours.
I am not sure because I am not sure of the person's ability that tried it.

As to your other comment, I have no clue what Barbara was thinking. I hope she answers.

Oh and you almost owed me $30. I just looked at it.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 11-23-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:44 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
At present there is no root for anything running FireOS 5.3.2.1 and above from what I've read at XDA.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2017, 11:57 AM   #6
Magic Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
At present there is no root for anything running FireOS 5.3.2.1 and above from what I've read at XDA.
I keep hoping that somebody smarter than me might find a way to do it.

Where's the best place to subscribe to for keeping track of developments on this?

I don't really use my Kindle Fire because I find it just too slow, yet my mobile which in theory is a slower processor is more capable. I'm convinced Fire OS isn't very efficient. The point here being, I'm happy to try things, as if I bricked it then it isn't a huge loss.