Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-23-2019, 06:16 AM   #211
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALinkToTao View Post
DoctorOhh, that did the trick. Thank you so much.
Your welcome, glad it worked out.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:11 AM   #212
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I've installed relaunchX on a nook gl3. It works well, but the buttons at the bottom (where it shows the memory, the button for all apps and favorite apps, etc) are very large and ugly. The text inside and on the top menu is also large. I tried to make the buttons smaller in the settings, but the buttons stay very large, even after a reboot.

I tested the same setting on an old nook glowlight, and it does change the buttons size on that device. Perhaps notably, the UI font size is much smaller on the glowlight than on the gl3. I suspect the button size is not changing on the gl3 because the text font inside the buttons is very large. Is there a setting to reduce the UI system font size? I couldn't see it.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2019, 12:09 PM   #213
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Perhaps because the size adjustment was only up (to make it bigger if too small), so far

I can see the method AdjustWithPreferencesToolbarMinHeight but also, suprisingly, it's not called everywhere for the bottom toolbar view. Does the top toolbar look right?

PS. I don't even have android development env on my current laptop. I'll take a look on that having some free evening.

Last edited by plusz; 11-29-2019 at 12:12 PM.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 04:56 PM   #214
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Image url.

https://ibb.co/Rg0gMPG

I never can work out how to embed images or video. sigh.

Thanks for responding.

The Nook gl3 is on the left and is running the latest relaunchx. The nook glowlight is on the right for comparison, and running an earlier version of reluanchx.

The nook gl3 lower buttons are very high. Also the font is large in the button, which I believe is causing a carriage return and forcing the buttons to be bigger. The font in all the buttons and also on the title bar is larger than on the nook glowlight 3.

The file name sizes and icons were big too, and I was able to reduce their size to match the glowlight. But not the button font size.

I can change the nook gl3 buttons to be larger, but I cannot make them smaller.

It's not a big deal. It's just aesthetic. I figured there might be a system font setting to reduce the font size, but I can't see it.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 11-29-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:08 PM   #215
Pajamaman
Wizard

I searched through the source but found nothing much about font size, so I suspect it's picking up a weird system font size. The Nook gl3 software is such a mess it wouldn't surprise me. But I don't know. I'm just guessing. It's no big deal if you don't know.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 11-29-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Advert
Old 11-30-2019, 04:31 AM   #216
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Pushed tag ReLaunchX_2.1.5, f-droid should build it soon

This is rather quick fix for narrow screens. You can choose the toolbar font size, and the level of text details on the bottom bar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2019-11-30-101945.png
Views:	459
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	175243

Name:	device-2019-11-30-101828.png
Views:	402
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	175244

Name:	device-2019-11-30-102038.png
Views:	399
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	175245
Old 12-10-2019, 09:05 AM   #217
fllc
has been
fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k4nt, touch, PW2, koa2, pw4, Nook GLP 7.8
@plusz: any idea when will 2.1.5 be available on f-droid? It still shows 2.1.3 as the latest.

Thank you!
fllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:29 PM   #218
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Pushed tag ReLaunchX_2.1.5, f-droid should build it soon
You might want to update Post 1 of this thread with the latest version. Or if unsure the latest couple of versions.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:46 AM   #219
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fllc View Post
@plusz: any idea when will 2.1.5 be available on f-droid? It still shows 2.1.3 as the latest.

Thank you!
I asked on fdroid forum but I don't have a clear picture.

Adding local build to post 1 seems a good idea in this case. I'll remember about it once I have a spare minute.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:00 AM   #220
SchockoNougat
SchockoNougat began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
I asked on fdroid forum but I don't have a clear picture.

Adding local build to post 1 seems a good idea in this case. I'll remember about it once I have a spare minute.
THX. Where is your thread/post on f-droid forum?

Sadly there is still "Version 2.1.3 (200103000) - Added on 2018-03-26" in fdroid repo availible.

BR, SchockoNougat.
SchockoNougat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #221
plusz
Addict

Attached local build to post #1

FYI, the fdroid thread is here

Anyway I'm experimenting with GitHub actions to make the build directly on GH. It's not working yet, but when it's fixed the latest binary would be there apart from F-droid ;-)
Old 12-21-2019, 11:52 AM   #222
plusz
Addict

Hello,

Would you like to help me testing if the app works on old Androids? API level lower than 15.

I have stepped on some problem regarding android tools when I tried to setup GitHub build for ReLaunchX. Perhaps I would have to upgrade gradle. However last time I did that the new build did not work (someone reported to me on this thread) on some older Android, I think it was API 7, Nook Simple Touch.

This simple app TestModel just print all the Android info, plus an exit button. Please post here SDK and RELEASE version, other strings if you like. In case you can't start the app just write what happened and what you know about your device so others won't waste time trying. It's built using the latest android tools with compatibility set to API 7. It should work but since anything below android 4.0.3 (API 15) is officially deprecated the fact that it accepted the setting may be just a bug in the tooling.

PS. The latest version ReLaunchX 2.1.5 is already available on F-Droid, but since I touched the subject of GitHub actions I'm just curious

Last edited by plusz; 12-21-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:14 AM   #223
M_Faust
Zealot
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 912, Onyx Boox Max, Max 3
Hello.
I just installed ReLaunchX 2.1.5 on Max 3 and fullscreen mode not work (in other app that have such feature fullscreen mode works).
Any suggestions?
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:26 PM   #224
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Faust View Post
Hello.
I just installed ReLaunchX 2.1.5 on Max 3 and fullscreen mode not work (in other app that have such feature fullscreen mode works).
Any suggestions?
What about the ReLaunchX setting "Full screen" which you can toggle between "Work in full screen mode" / "Show Android status bar". Does it solve the problem?
Old 01-13-2020, 02:19 AM   #225
M_Faust
Zealot
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 912, Onyx Boox Max, Max 3
Quote:
What about the ReLaunchX setting "Full screen" which you can toggle between "Work in full screen mode" / "Show Android status bar". Does it solve the problem?
No. I already tried it.
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote