Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-07-2019, 11:04 PM   #61
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This is off-topic, but it is interesting how stories overlap. The first "computer" I used was a Programma 101 when I was somewhere around age 16. I "graduated" to an IBM 1130, then to all of a 1620, a CDC 6400, and various PDP11s. The 6400 operators wouldn't let us peons play space invaders running on the machine's IO processors. The 1620 was fun because it did basic math using memory lookup tables that we could change, making it think that (for example) 2 + 2 = 7 (the physicists loved us ). The PDP11s were running RSX11 but were switched to UNIX (V6) by the time I touched them.

And for those of you who used TTY Model 33s: "values of β will give rise to dom."
Your the first person I've known who admitted to using a Programma 101. At the labs where I worked no-one else used it, young grads preferred to bang away on Monroe 88Ns or send boxes of punched cards to HO (2 day turn around if you were lucky), the older guys stuck to their slip and cylinder slide rules.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:33 AM   #62
arturox
Enthusiast
arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo
Sorry to get back on the main subject...

Whoopee! Downloaded and installed Calibre 4.30 a few minutes ago, did the Preferences.Misc change and the tool bar is back in the Viewer.

So happy...

Thanks to whomsoever did the deed.

Ax
arturox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:28 PM   #63
arturox
Enthusiast
arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo
On her machine, SWMBO had with a frowning and grumpy visage forbidden the updating of Calibre from 3.nn to 4.nn until the thing with the Viewer had been resolved.

I showed her my updated to 4.30 and she was okay with it, so I updated her Calibre, sat with her to get the configs just right, and now she's a happy wife.

If she's happy I'm happy...

So... relating to my previous post... I'm now doubly happy.

Ax
arturox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:17 PM   #64
ownedbycats
Connoisseur
ownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturox View Post
Sorry to get back on the main subject...

Whoopee! Downloaded and installed Calibre 4.30 a few minutes ago, did the Preferences.Misc change and the tool bar is back in the Viewer.

So happy...

Thanks to whomsoever did the deed.

Ax
The viewer is definitely improving. The main thing I miss is the always-visible search box. Hope that comes back at some point as an option.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:21 PM   #65
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
The viewer is definitely improving. The main thing I miss is the always-visible search box. Hope that comes back at some point as an option.
It would be nice for the search box to be allowed to be added to the header or footer sections.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:38 AM   #66
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Search toolbar is on Kovids TODO List - see this post

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bash, calibre, ebook-viewer