Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-16-2019, 01:41 PM   #1
Dolores M.
Dolores M. began at the beginning.

Device: Fire 7 7th gen 2017
Fire 7 7th gen 2017 any good TUTORIAL bks. available?

All the step-by-step tutorial type bks (think ... for Dummies series) are either published prior to 2017 (usually 2015) OR are listed for the New 2019 release.
I would appreciate suggestions about any suitable bks. And, if I have to get bks that are technically written for a release other than 2017, do you think those for the 2015 or the new 2019 release of the Fire 7 would be more compatible? Thank you for your help!
Dolores M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:51 PM   #2
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores M. View Post
All the step-by-step tutorial type bks (think ... for Dummies series) are either published prior to 2017 (usually 2015) OR are listed for the New 2019 release.
I would appreciate suggestions about any suitable bks. And, if I have to get bks that are technically written for a release other than 2017, do you think those for the 2015 or the new 2019 release of the Fire 7 would be more compatible? Thank you for your help!
The problem I called out in reviews of these books is that they only covered what was in the Fire help pages. Thus although the screens have a "Copy to Clipboard" function Clipboard is not mentioned in the books and I had to ask here to discover how to paste its contents.

As to differences from 2015 to 2019, such items as the book reading App/ component have been updated often to match the App that is supplied for non-Fire Android tablets and phones.

So I suggest choosing any well-reviewed book and asking here if things look odd.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:09 PM   #3
Dolores M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
The problem I called out in reviews of these books is that they only covered what was in the Fire help pages. Thus although the screens have a "Copy to Clipboard" function Clipboard is not mentioned in the books and I had to ask here to discover how to paste its contents.

As to differences from 2015 to 2019, such items as the book reading App/ component have been updated often to match the App that is supplied for non-Fire Android tablets and phones.

So I suggest choosing any well-reviewed book and asking here if things look odd.
Little.Egret, thank you for the advice & suggestion. And, the 'Copy to Clipboard' function, please tell me how to find that info.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:56 PM   #4
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Little.Egret, thank you for the advice & suggestion. And, the 'Copy to Clipboard' function, please tell me how to find that info.
I Googled [ Android clipboard fire]

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/android-clipboard-tips/

First, select some text. In most apps, like Chrome, you can do this by long-pressing on the text you want to copy.
Then, adjust the handles of the highlighted section to get just the words you want. You can also tap Select all if you want to copy all the text in an area.
Finally, navigate to where you want to paste the text and long-press there, then select Paste. Alternatively, if you tap on the field where you want to paste the text, a small blue or black handle should appear. Tap on that to see the option to paste.
==

Hope this helps
Old 10-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #5
Dolores M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post

Little.Egret I thought that I had posted a reply to you; but, since nothing is showing, I'll repeat: Thank you for your response and suggestions. And, could you post a link to where the Copy to Clipboard issue was explained to you?
Old 10-18-2019, 08:25 PM   #6
Little.Egret
Wizard

Quote:
Little.Egret I thought . . .

could you post a link to where the Copy to Clipboard issue was explained to you?
I tried to find it but my Google skills were insufficient, sorry.

I estimate it was about 26 February 2016
Old 10-19-2019, 01:03 AM   #7
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
many of the so called guide books - esp. in Kindle Unlimited - are 10 page ripoffs /simple copy paste of amazon help pages
better to use google searches initially, then when you land on useful how-to web sites for Fire devices, bookmark those

2019 books may refer to features you don't have on a 2017 device.
with google searches you can be specific and include 2017 or 7th gen in the search
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:20 AM   #8
Dolores M.

Little.Egret & stumped, thank you for your replies.

So far, YouTube videos have supplied quite a bit of information.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:14 AM   #9
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Little.Egret & stumped, thank you for your replies.

So far, YouTube videos have supplied quite a bit of information.
yes, i prefer to read advice but you tube videos can be very useful for fixing/understanding stuff. you just need the patience to find good ones amongst the dross
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:33 AM   #10
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
There are customers forums on Amazon also, specifically for the various Amazon devices. The regular customers who post there can be very helpful, many times more helpful than Amazon CS, or the Help files Amazon provides.

Use the HELP link at the bottom of any Amazon page, then click NEED MORE HELP from the left column, then ASK THE DIGITAL AND DEVICE COMMUNITY.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:48 PM   #11
Dolores M.

Thank you Stumped and Deskisamess (Love your name!).
Yes, the Amazon Forum is a big help - as is this forum!