Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-08-2017, 06:50 AM   #31
Tanjamuse
Guru
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Does that mean that I can compare 2 columns based on the amount of stories each author and ID has?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #32
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.

Device: 8" Win10 Tablet w/Calibre64
If I understand your ultimate purpose and goal, ABCH likely achieves it. Install it, create a single text Custom Column #abc_hierarchy per the OP, and execute it. Examine the results to see if they work for you.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:16 AM   #33
Tanjamuse
Guru
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

As far as I can see, I can't run a comparison.

I need to compare the amount of stories from Author with author ID and see if the amount is the same or it shows me the books where it doesn't add up.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:16 AM   #34
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.DaltonST knows who John Galt is.

@Tanjamuse:

From what I can infer from your questions, the ABCH plug-in will totally replace your 2 custom columns and your tediously manual reconciliation process.

ABCH is all about co-authors.

It is possible you may also find value in the ABC plug-in as well, since it has an optional #abc_numeric integer custom column that enables numeric searches such as "author has more than 5 but fewer than 34 books". ABC is all about single Authors (or the primary Author when there are co-authors involved).

I suggest that you install ABCH with only a single custom column, #abc_hierarchy. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...52#post2890052

Then install ABC with both #author_book_count and #abc_numeric custom columns. Run them. View the Tag Browser for them.

See the attached image with a simple example. The value for ABCH shows the co-authors sorted from most books currently in the library to least books.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	abc_hierarchy_example.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	154854  
Old 02-08-2017, 10:27 AM   #35
Tanjamuse
Guru

I don't want to replace any columns just an comparison between the amount of stories from an author and the amount of stories from an author ID.
Advert
Old 02-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #36
DaltonST
Deviser

Let's see if I understand. You have a manual process to reconcile counts found in certain custom columns. You don't want to eliminate the manual process, but want a tool to help you do the manual process. ABCH eliminates the need for the manual process entirely by automating it. So, my conclusion is that ABCH not an appropriate tool to help you perform the manual process that it implicitly obviates.

Sorry.

DaltonST

Tags
plugins