Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
construsol
construsol began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
How to sort quickly books by filetype?

Hi.

I want to convert several doc and epub books to pdf. Is there a way or a plug-in so that Calilbre can quickly identify and sort books by filetype and then convert to pdf in bulk? Thanks in advanced for any help.
construsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by construsol View Post
Hi.

I want to convert several doc and epub books to pdf. Is there a way or a plug-in so that Calilbre can quickly identify and sort books by filetype and then convert to pdf in bulk? Thanks in advanced for any help.
Native Calibre

Search:
formats:epub and not formats:pdf
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #3
construsol

Hi theducks and thank you for your fast reply.
I'm rather new to Calibre and trying to understand your answer. Do I have to write exactly what you posted in the search window?
Old 05-23-2014, 02:28 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by construsol View Post
Hi theducks and thank you for your fast reply.
I'm rather new to Calibre and trying to understand your answer. Do I have to write exactly what you posted in the search window?
Yes (not including the word Search )

Or you can use the Tag Browser to build the search

First check/set the mode At the Bottom:

Alter Tag Browser:Search type...:Match All

Now you are ready

In the Tag Browser:
Formats: EPUB <click until a Green Plus shows
hold down the control key Click PDF until a Red Minus

(let up on the key)
Clock GO at the end of the search bar
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #5
construsol

Thanks again.

I will do your help and let you know if everything went well.
Advert
Old 05-23-2014, 10:17 PM   #6
construsol

Hi again theducks

....almost there. I have done what you suggested, there is only one thing. The selected format apears highlited in green WITH all the other formats. In this way, only about 8 files appear scatered between hundreds of PDF's so its difficult to spot them. What must I do so ONLY the selected format appears in the window?
Old 05-23-2014, 10:46 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Go to Preferences / Searching and check the box "Show a quick toggle button to switch between highlighting and restricting results ..."
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:20 PM   #8
construsol

Thanks PeterT, you solved my problem.

Tags
convert, filetype, sort