Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-18-2016, 08:35 AM   #76
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Done, though I have given it only the most rudimentary testing.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2016, 06:13 AM   #77
mcdummy
mcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS-T3
Excellent job. Thanks a lot.

Almost all incomplete references are corrected, only the links in the header section (<head>...</head>) and in the area-tags (<area href="...>) are still incomplete.

Thanks,

McDummy
mcdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:16 PM   #78
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicJerk View Post

Also, another request, do you think it would be possible to have "parts" of the articles excluded? Being able to exclude things like Images, "See Also," "References," "External Links," and so on, would definitely be useful to many, let alone myself at the moment.

Again, thanks for the plugin!
Hello,

could I come back to this (now old) request? I am annoyed by the long list of "References" that I never need if I am reading on an e-reader. Could anyone please include an "exclude" (hah!) capability?

That would be very helpful.

Thanxx, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:38 AM   #79
mcdummy
mcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the rough

WikiLivres

I hope it is not too complicated, but could the plugin be extended to WikiLivres?

http://wikilivres.ca

Regards,

McDummy
Old 08-12-2016, 07:08 AM   #80
mcdummy

Concerning the correction of incomplete (relative) references, it seems that the current version only corrects links in <a>-tags but not in <area> or <link>-tags.

The links in these tags could be corrected by adding

# <area> references
for area in soup.findAll('area', href=lambda x: x and x.startswith('/')):
href = area['href']
if href.startswith('//'):
area['href'] = 'https:' + href
elif url_prefix:
area['href'] = url_prefix + area['href']
# <link> references
for link in soup.findAll('link', href=lambda x: x and x.startswith('/')):
href = link['href']
link['href'] = 'https:' + href
elif url_prefix:
link['href'] = url_prefix + link['href']

in wikipedia.recipe

after the code

for a in soup.findAll('a', href=lambda x: x and x.startswith('/')):
href = a['href']
a['href'] = 'https:' + href
elif url_prefix:
a['href'] = url_prefix + a['href']

I guess the code could be simplified, but it is just a quick workaround for the time being.

McDummy
Advert
Old 12-19-2016, 03:06 PM   #81
compukol
compukol began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post Using Wiki Reader with Blog URL's

Hi I would like to use the Wiki Reader concept with a list of blog articles URL's. When I feed the URL's to Wiki Reader the result eBook contain only the links and not the content of the articles.
I am attaching the test output from trying to import few blog links.

Basically I am looking to use Calibre as a replacement to readlist.com from Readability that was shut down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Role of Branding in Your Ma - Wikipedia.epub (46.0 KB, 45 views)
compukol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:03 PM   #82
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The Wiki Reader plugin uses the calibre recipe system (it has a recipe designed for extracting content from wikipedia). You cannot use it directly with arbitrary HTML pages. See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/news.html for how the recipe system in calibre works.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote