Old 03-04-2017, 10:24 AM   #976
rracoon01
Enthusiast
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
BookBub.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Too many authors to keep track of new releases.

Yes, GR has a New Release by authors I have read, but would be nice to have a column that populates if a new book in a series, or a new book by author is available and not in my library.

As it stands now I have to remember to check Amazon for any new releases by favorite authors "manually". My lazy self wants a plugin to do it for me....
Yes, you for sure need to check the enormous capabilities and excellent support of the OverDrive plugin.

Also check out BookBub.com. It will track genres and even authors for you and email you when new books are released. Genres are a little awkward and not filter ability to keep out junk in a genre, but the author following is perfect for keeping an eye on your favorite writers and what they are up to.
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2017, 03:07 PM   #977
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Bookbub tracks discount eBooks.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:47 AM   #978
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Bookbub tracks discount eBooks.
Bookbub is not limited to discount books. As rracoon01 clearly indicated It will track any author and email you when the author has a new book.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-10-2017 at 08:51 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:45 AM   #979
Tanjamuse
Guru
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Add a Column to a User Category

I need a plugin that will add a selected column value (built-in or custom) for the current book to a selected User Category. FX: Add the current book's '#ships/Ships' custom column value to the 'Ships to Watch' User Category. Doing this via the Manage User Categories function is quite cumbersome.

The existing User Category plugin is not suitable because it does not support having custom columns in User Categories. This deficiency was raised in that plugin's thread last October, but no one has offered to update it. The existing plugin has Remove and Move functions, but I rarely use them, so I have no problems using Manage User Categories function for those functions.

Adding support for custom columns to the existing plugin would probably require a major revamp of its User Interface, which could irritate users who are happy with it as is. Hence my preference for a separate Add only plugin.

I'm really hoping someone can help me out with this.

TIA

Edit: I ended up using QV although it's not quite the same.

Last edited by Tanjamuse; Yesterday at 11:59 AM.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote