Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 11:27 AM   #1
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Similar Books by ... custom columns

By default, the regular book list context menu has a Similar Books option - that offers Books by same author, Books in this series, Books by this publisher, Books with the same tags

Is there something that offers Similar Books with custom columns - e.g. I would like to see Books with same Location, Books with same Main Character -- Location and Main Character being a couple of my custom columns.

Bit surprised KD didn't do a PI for it - maybe he did but I can't spot it.

TIA BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe I can get what I want with Quickview (forgot about that nugget), in fact it might be better than Books with same Location, have to see if the QV list shows icons (chaley ?)

BR
Old 03-20-2017, 01:45 PM   #3
chaley
CC Android & calibre dev
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Maybe I can get what I want with Quickview (forgot about that nugget), in fact it might be better than Books with same Location, have to see if the QV list shows icons (chaley ?)

BR
Nope, quickview didn't show column icons. However, you can use it to move the main list to a given book, showing the icons on that list.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:42 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Nope, quickview didn't show column icons. However, you can use it to move the main list to a given book, showing the icons on that list.
- I didn't really expect it have the column icons - my '(chaley ?)' achieved its purpose, to drag you into my monologue

In the context of where I'm thinking of using QV, often as not it won't be necessary to look at any of the books in the list, the user will 'know' from what's in the list if the icon rule is true. And if they're unsure they can press 'Q' - brilliant.

And thanks too for the user_categories() template function, it will be used in the icon rule

BR