Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #1696
anacreon
Evangelist
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Glo HD, H2o, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It's not really the total size of the epub/kepub itself I was referring to, but the size of the individual files within. One (or more) of which may be causing a memory problem.
Ok. I've looked at the size of the biggest html file in the problem catalog on calibre as an epub: 263.6 Kb, that is the same as the size of the same file in the present working catalog. If the increase in individual html files is proportional to that of the increase from epub to kepub of the present functioning catalog (a big if), it would make the biggest html file at 381 Kb, which would be reasonable, and anyway works presently on the new one.
anacreon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:30 AM   #1697
compurandom
Connoisseur
compurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura h2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It's not really the total size of the epub/kepub itself I was referring to, but the size of the individual files within. One (or more) of which may be causing a memory problem.
I think if you do a epub to epub conversion (with the maximum size option set appropriately) calibre will split huge files like that.

If I recall correctly, the epub editor also has an option to manually split them.

I suppose the catalog generator probably should also auto-split, but it's not too hard to do it via one of the other mechanisms if you remember.

I just fixed a downloaded epub yesterday that was crashing my kobo by both running it through the editor's autocorrect methods and doing an epub-epub conversion.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote