Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-13-2017, 12:24 AM   #16
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Coolreader(Nexus 5)\Coolreader(Nook Touch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
Fair enough
Obviously its caveat emptor and i do keep local offline backups
But anyway: Onedrive doesnt change any of that
It just prefixe the local path c:\users\username\onedrive\... or suchlike depending on os
It wont mess anything else
If you change a local file before the cloud version is synced it lets you know and makes the mentioned backup and sends a notification
You could use calibre portable and install it into your one drive.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #17
Stevex
Zealot
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Because he started out with GD and may have edited his last post?
I was always referring to onedrive and if you look up to my second post i referred also there to %onedrive%

I only ever used onedrive, and looking at some of the imo really stupid things gd and db are doing, i think this is a good decision!
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:12 AM   #18
Stevex
Zealot
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
You could use calibre portable and install it into your one drive.
Interesting point but i'm not sure how this will work when i have mixed client environments? In the meantime Kovid's solution does work just fine even though I feel it's in a certain sense unclean and a purely internal solution to calibre would be nicer.

Last edited by Stevex; 03-13-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Interesting point but i'm not sure how this will work when i have mixed client environments? In the meantime Kovid's solution does work just fine even though I feel it's in a certain sense unclean and a purely internal solution to calibre would be nicer.
Portable only works on Windows of course, and installing the program on what is effectively a network drive precludes the possibility of using it when the network goes AWOL (e.g. a sat link in a storm).

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:51 PM   #20
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Coolreader(Nexus 5)\Coolreader(Nook Touch)
Quote:
Mixed client? If you are using same calibre library on Linux, windows and OSX it is more likely to bork your library (Different File systems) than the sync apps like Dropbox (Which many here like to scare people off using too much I feel). But if you use between different windows devices should not have any problems as that what portable calibre is for.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:06 AM   #21
Stevex
Zealot

i have win32 (offices) win64 (laptop) and linux (home / dev)
Thanks everyone I'll leave it at that for now do appreciate the feedback
Old 03-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab 2(RIP)
AFAIK using the Various Win systems are not a prob.
It is using Both Win and Linux on the same Library, that messes up things for Win.
It is all mostly about case
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote