Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-12-2018, 01:04 AM   #1
ecaep
ecaep began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Cannot sign in to overdrive

Greetings,

I've searched these forums, but haven't found a post describing my issue. Any help is appreciated.

I am a user located in Oregon, USA. I'm trying to sign into Overdrive on my Kobo Aura One. I'm following the steps on the overdrive website, specifically this page:

https://help.overdrive.com/customer/...-kobo-aura-one

Steps 1 through 6 go through as expected. When I get to step 7, the Kobo displays my library's login page, and I put in my library card number. As soon as I submit my library card number, the screen switches back to the search list of all the libraries, except now the only button that works is the close button at the top. I cannot select a library, and I cannot continue on to step 8. After backing out of the screen or closing it, I check my settings, and it says I am not signed into Overdrive.

I cannot get past this sign in point. There doesn't seem to be any other way to connect to my overdrive account on my Kobo Aura One, and my searches have not found anyone else describing this issue.

Troubleshooting I've done so far:

- I've signed into Overdrive on my PC, so I know I have the user name and password correct.
- I've synced my Kobo to be sure I have the latest firmware.
- I created a regular Overdrive account and tried to sign in using it, but the results are the same.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue, or have any suggestions where to start?

Thank you
ecaep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:59 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
on PC and in the android app , there are 2 ways to sign in to overdrive - one is with a library (card number) account the other is with an overdrive account ( email and password pair)
try the latter method - create an email based overdrive account if you don't already have one and link it to your library card via the overdrive PC interface
they work differently but in obscure technical ways. [ i quizzed overdrive but remained just as confused! ] Login with an overdrive account route is arguably better for use across multiple devices.
dunno for sure if the ONE has that option but try it if you can
Or, if that's the route that's not working, see if the other (library card) route works ?

Last edited by stumped; 07-13-2018 at 01:02 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:12 AM   #3
ecaep

Greetings Stumped,

Thank you for the reply.

My primary method for logging in is to use my library card. That doesn't work, as described above. I created an overdrive account, and tested it on my pc, and it works. Sadly, when I try to login on my kobo using my overdrive account, I get the same exact behavior.

I also tried using a different internet connection, but that didn't make a difference. I think my next step is to try a factory reset.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:46 AM   #4
ecaep

Update:

After a factory reset, this problem went away.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:27 PM   #5
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Glad to hear it. I am really enjoying being able to use my library on the kobo.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote