Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-04-2018, 02:27 AM   #1
Sgrizzo
Sgrizzo began at the beginning.

Device: none
FBreader: filter read/unread books

In the last weeks I tried several ebook reading software on my android phone and the one that seems to come closer to my needs is FBreader. There is one thing, however, that I am not able to do, namely to distinguish (and possibly sort and filter) between read and unread books. You can manually mark a book as read or unread, but this has no visible effect when you look at the list of your books. Am I doing something wrong?

A possible workaround is to define my own tags (e.g. 'completed', 'to read', 'reading') and manually apply them when changing the status of a book, but this is not completely satisfactory.

Thanks in advance.
Sgrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
TdeV
Dabbler
TdeV began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Reject:Lenovo 8.1 tablet Old: Colour Nook, HP Touchpad
Wink FBreader: filter books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrizzo View Post
In the last weeks I tried several ebook reading software on my android phone and the one that seems to come closer to my needs is FBreader. There is one thing, however, that I am not able to do, namely to distinguish (and possibly sort and filter) between read and unread books. You can manually mark a book as read or unread, but this has no visible effect when you look at the list of your books. Am I doing something wrong?

A possible workaround is to define my own tags (e.g. 'completed', 'to read', 'reading') and manually apply them when changing the status of a book, but this is not completely satisfactory.

Thanks in advance.
I use FBreader to read my books, Calibre to manage my books, and Calibre Companion to browse and select books to read. In Calibre you can define your own fields and/but there are many extant fields to choose from (including read and not-read). You can sort by any fields you choose in Calibre Companion.
https://calibre-ebook.com/
http://www.multipie.co.uk/calibre-companion/
TdeV is offline   Reply With Quote