Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-20-2019, 08:24 PM   #166
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I think the Amber Ltd ebooks are probably legit, but I don't blame anyone for being suspicious when the ebooks are crudely constructed(*) and the publisher doesn't seem to even have a website.

(* Edit: e.g. a large number of different paragraph styles each with slightly different margin sizes, as if they are trying to simulate the exact ragged-right alignment of each paragraph in the original.)
The publisher is the Zelazny estate, most of the Zelazny backlist ebooks list that company as the publisher. A number of authors have their own private publishing company for their backlist books, or books that don't exactly appeal to traditional publishers.

I don't know that I would agree with crudely constructed. A number of Zelazny's books used a somewhat unique layout.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote