Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #1
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Mission of Honor - David Weber

Just finished Mission of Honor by David Weber. It's the 12th book in the Honor Harrington series and it is a fantastic read. Eric Van Lustbader could learn a lesson from David Weber in how to write books in a long series that do not feel repetitive. Weber has done a fantastic job of creating a story arc and universe that is so rich and interesting. This is Tom Clancy in space. Great military fiction in a science fiction setting.

You could read this book as a stand alone and enjoy it, but starting from the first book is highly recommended. I love a good series. Matter of fact, I had been in the midst of two books that just weren't capturing my interest much and discovered that the latest in one of my favorite series had come out. It is such a joy to read Weber's HH series. There's terrific action, lots of good politics and intrigue. Not so much character development this time round. This one isn't built so much on Honor Harrington as on the plotting and machinations of three star empires at war and a fourth one that turns out to be pulling the strings of the other three.

There's a rousing conclusion that is both satisfying and yet makes you eager for the next installment.

Highly recommended.

I also want to commend the publisher, Baen. The book was just released in hard back, and the ebook is available -- without DRM -- in practically any format you want on their website -- for $6.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:25 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I read the eArc a while back and really enjoyed it. One of my favorite series.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert