Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #23416
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Chai, as I nibble on the remains of dinner's nan. 'Osaka Joe Cohen,' Paunxatawny Phill's Japanese cousin, saw his shadow today. Six more weeks of Winter. But what a glorious day it was! Warm enough to ride with my jacket open, no overpants, even took the liners out of my riding gloves!

(Note: Osaka Joe Cohen is the Americanization of "Osaka Jo Koen," which means 'Osaka Castle Park,' a lovely place to spend a day right in the middle of downtown Osaka.)

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 02-02-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #23417
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Coffee
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #23418
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Water
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #23419
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Coffee - Black and decaffeinated
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #23420
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
red bull
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #23421
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Water that used to have ice in it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #23422
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mountain Dew
Old 02-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #23423
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Mountain Dew
omg!��
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #23424
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Beer, Sam Adams.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #23425
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My brother Bill runs a still on the hill
Where he turns out a gallon or two
And the buzzards in the sky get so drunk they can not fly
Just from sniffing that good old mountain dew.

They call it that good old mountan dew,
And them that refuse it are few.
I'll hush up my mug if you'll fill up my jug
With that good old mountain dew.

My uncle Mort, he is sawed off and short,
He measure 'bout four foot two,
But he thinks he's a giant when you give him a pint
Of that good old mountain dew.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GjfMe8TqC8 )

Thanks for the memories, ProfCrash! Crystal clear in a Mason Jar, strong enough to blow the back of your head right off!

Good morning, everyone! Happy February 3rd! Well, maybe not so happy for some... Belle Starr, the famous lady outlaw, died on this day in 1889. Belle, we'll always remember you! (Or was it Belle Starr, the 'exotic dancer' of the 60's I'm remembering? )

Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea this morning, and home-made pita bread, still hot, some Kalamata olives, and hummus to get the day rolling. If it stays this sunny we'll take a long ride today. Nice to have Spring time when it's supposed to be below freezing!

Stitchawl
Old 02-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #23426
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
It's the evening here, but I'm having an extra mug of pu-erh tea. Shaking off the chill of the day.morgue mama
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #23427
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
My brother Bill runs a still on the hill
Where he turns out a gallon or two
And the buzzards in the sky get so drunk they can not fly
Just from sniffing that good old mountain dew.

They call it that good old mountan dew,
And them that refuse it are few.
I'll hush up my mug if you'll fill up my jug
With that good old mountain dew.

My uncle Mort, he is sawed off and short,
He measure 'bout four foot two,
But he thinks he's a giant when you give him a pint
Of that good old mountain dew.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GjfMe8TqC8 )

Thanks for the memories, ProfCrash! Crystal clear in a Mason Jar, strong enough to blow the back of your head right off!

Good morning, everyone! Happy February 3rd! Well, maybe not so happy for some... Belle Starr, the famous lady outlaw, died on this day in 1889. Belle, we'll always remember you! (Or was it Belle Starr, the 'exotic dancer' of the 60's I'm remembering? )

Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea this morning, and home-made pita bread, still hot, some Kalamata olives, and hummus to get the day rolling. If it stays this sunny we'll take a long ride today. Nice to have Spring time when it's supposed to be below freezing!

Stitchawl
I got it in my head a few years ago that I was going to write a sci-fi space opera a-la Belle Starr. unfinished manuscript still sits gathering dust
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #23428
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
coffee.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #23429
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Coffee in my cup too.

And can't decide what I want to eat or what I am craving. I tried some chicken, I tried some apples, I tried bruchetta, I tried chex mix, so I guess I'll try some tomato soup. If that doesn't work there is always double fudge cookies.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:08 AM   #23430
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Late afternoon mug of Keemun tea. We looked outside at the sunshine and decided to take a ride. It started out feeling like a Spring day. It finished up feeling as if we'd been on the dark side of the moon. COLD!!!!!! Of course, being Spring, we didn't wear what we would normally wear for a winter ride. We should have... But it was a beautiful clear day, and we rode over the lower hills into tea country. The tea plantations are all looking healthy!

Stitchawl

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?