Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-09-2009, 03:59 AM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
xCHM 1.17 for iLiad

This is xCHM 1.17 for iLiad. It's a chm viewer based on chmlib and wxGTK.
Everythin is included in the attached package, including xepdmgr, chmlib and wxGTK lib. To install, unpack the attached package to /MMC/programs, and a dir " xchm" will emerge. To execute, tap on the xCHM icon from contentlister and open chm file in xCHM. You can also modify registry.xml to make iLiad execute xCHM to open chm when you tap on a chm file.
If failed to execute xCHM from contentlister, try execute ./run.sh in mrxvt to get error message.

Note:
I built wxGTK against GTK+2.14, not 2.6 of official iLiad FW. So, maybe it's not runnable on your iLiad.
This package will surely work if you upgrade GTK+ libs using this post. I am using it on my iLiad.
Attached Files
File Type: zip xchm1.17.iliad.zip (3.47 MB, 350 views)

Last edited by ericshliao; 08-14-2009 at 04:56 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
maxhyl
maxhyl began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd
讚一個!等不及想看看 chm 格式的電子書了。
Maybe I am wrong, but
./bin/xepdmgr: client. mode, child ./bin/xchm
./bin/xchm: error while loading shared libraries: libgio-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Looks like we need something more on share file.

Last edited by maxhyl; 08-09-2009 at 10:08 AM.
maxhyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Try the following:

1. Grab libs in this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=25

2. Put libs in /MMC/programs/xchm/lib. Be sure to rename all filename to "****.so.*". For example, rename "abc.so.3.6.5" to "abc.so.3".
Old 08-10-2009, 12:43 AM   #4
maxhyl

這個程式安裝在任意的目錄下,也一樣可以打開。
程式打開之後,出現的是一連串小小的四角框框。沒有辦法正確的顯示字型。
在開始的頁面裏,找不到可以設定字型的選項。
修改了 .xchm 裏面的字型設定,結果還是一樣。
Can not display the proper font.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:11 AM   #5
ericshliao
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhyl View Post
Can not display the proper font.
If you want to open Chinese chm file, well, I don't know if xchm supports gb or big5 encoding. I guess not.

FBReader is capable of open chm file. Give it a try.

Last edited by ericshliao; 08-10-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Advert
Old 08-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #6
maxhyl

打開程式之後,在起始頁上(就是最上方有四個選項,裏面有包含 about xCHM 的那個頁面),並不能顯示任何的字體,只有一連串的方格。
也就是說開啟 xCHM 之後,字體是不能顯示的。
嘗試打開英文 chm 檔,出現的也是一樣的,一連串的四方格。
FBReader 可以讀 chm 檔,完全沒有問題。

Last edited by maxhyl; 08-11-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #7
ericshliao
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhyl View Post
打開程式之後,在起始頁上(就是最上方有四個選項,裏面有包含 about xCHM 的那個頁面),並不能顯示任何的字體,只有一連串的方格。
也就是說開啟 xCHM 之後,字體是不能顯示的。
It should be the problem of configuration of PANGO. You have to modify some pango rc files just as waht you did to install ivtv to CF. I guess you know what I mean.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #8
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Directives for CF card users??

Thank you very much, Ericshliao for doing this.
Would you be kind as to give us the baby steps to have this software running from a CF card?
It would be huge for me to be able to read my medical ebooks of chm format, without having to convert them in pdf (not always good looking...)
Unfortunately, I am a little illiterate when it comes to linux applications so i can not figure out how to do it myself...
Thank you by anticipation for your consideration.
Sincerely,

Dabon.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:08 PM   #9
ericshliao
Guru

Currently, xCHM for iLiad has a fatal defect: the pageup and pagedown button on iLiad can't be recognized, and the scrollbar on the right of screen is so thin that it's in-sensitive (it's the problem of e-ink screen, not xCHM) to touch-pen. Before the problem is fixed (either by making xCHM resopnsive to key-event or increase the width of scrollbar), xCHM may not be a proper chm reader for iLiad users.

Last edited by ericshliao; 08-19-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
XCHM-Reader is my favorite chm reader for Linux/Windows (especially for the table support). It's a shame that the Iliad version doesn't support fullscreen and rotate the screen.

Not your fault but a problem of XCHM - perhaps there will be a support for it later.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote