Notices

Old 05-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Sundara
Enthusiast
Sundara began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kindle Keyboard,Kindle Touch,Cybook Opus, Iphone
Thumbs up What a fantastic site !!

[SIZE="5"]Hello from Germany !
I have been a "silent" reader of Mobileread for such a long time ! I haven` t decided on a reader yet but when I read about the question if the epub format should or should not support the dictionary lookup function I couldn`t resist from registering here in order to be able to participate in the poll !
To all of you.. this site has almost become a "daily newspaper" for me and I would like to thank the members here for providing such a wide range of honest descriptions of devices, opinions and for all the time you have invested in detailed reviews, for example. It has been a pleasure for me to read them so far !
Many greetings
Sundara
Sundara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Sundara and welcome to MobileRead. I have a Sony 505 and like it a lot. Be sure and let us know which eBook reader you decide on
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome out from Lurkdom!

I'm sure you already know, one of two possible correct answers to any poll is GERMANY! The other is PORTUGAL! (Always UPPERCASE)

I highly recommend the Sony PRS 505, especially since you are in Germany and have local sales and support.

Good luck!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Hi Sundara!
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:33 AM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the board! I'm glad you registered and became one of us! Now you're in for it

I also have a 505 and think that's the best choice out there. For my needs, it's perfect! Good luck making your decision!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2009, 12:47 AM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Sundara.

I have a Sony 505 and absolutely love it! Let us know what you like to read and what Reader you decide to buy.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:15 AM   #7
Momo_Germany
Connoisseur
Momo_Germany began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 (great!!) +DX, Sony PRS-505,-700,-600 (dislike!), iPad
Hi Sundara!

A nice welcome from me too - and good luck with your decision on which reader you should buy.

I love my PRS-505 very much.

Greetings from southern Germany,
Momo
Momo_Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Hi Sunny!

Your case is a common one here! Welcome to the interactive MR experience... ::cue in IMAX theme:::

what reader ru looking into?
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
Sundara
Enthusiast
Sundara began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kindle Keyboard,Kindle Touch,Cybook Opus, Iphone
Thanx for all the warm and friendly welcome lines !

@Alphapheemail
Well, by now I have got a rather thoroughly founded overview of all available devices the market offers, I guess. I live in Europe...so the number of e-ink readers is limited in a way.. Sony has just released their reader PRS 505 in March and there is no sign they will sell the PRS 700 here. I am ..how shall I put it...an "ear person"...so.. I think I would be bothered by clicking sounds of the buttons to move on through the pages. I would probably enjoy a reader with a touch screen.. Textr reader is a German product having a touch sidepanel but only heaven really knows when people will be able to buy this device... I `m afraid.. I will have to be soooo patient.....
Sundara is offline   Reply With Quote