Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-20-2016, 11:33 PM   #1
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Jacket file not kept during conversion

Dear all,

I use Polish function to create Jacket file using my personal template, which works fine with epub. However, when I convert epub to azw3 to send to Kindle, the jacket file is not there anymore.

I have to remove the "<meta name="calibre-content" content="jacket"/>" in the epub file to keep it there (using Search and Replace in Conversion setting).

I wonder if there is a hidden setting elsewhere that I've missed?
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is a setting under structure detection in the conversion dialog that controls jackets during conversion. IIRC it is called "Insert metadata at start of book" or something like that. Make sure it is enabled.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2016, 03:27 AM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Thank you, Kovid.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote