Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-08-2008, 07:50 AM   #1
miakarn
miakarn is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs 500
Need help with libprs500

Hi, I would really appreciate some help. Have a sony reader prs500. I am using libprs500 (which I am using for the first time) and trying to convert ebook from Lit to LRF which I think I have done successfully, but when I try to send the book to my reader I don't think that Libprs500 has detected reader. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me?

miakarn
miakarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Does your OS detect & mount the reader OK?

If libprs500 detects the reader, it should show a second 'reader' icon alongside the 'library' icon & (from memory) the "Send to Reader" icon (or similar) should enable.

Make sure you're not running the Sony software at the same time?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
First start libprs500 then turn on the Reader and THEN plug the Reader into your computer.
Wait a few seconds. The Reader icon should show up next to the Library icon.
Click on the Reader icon. After a few seconds all the books in your reader should show in the window.
Click on the book you want to transfer.
Click on the Transfer icon.

Be sure you use the"Safe to remove Hardware" icon (lower right toolbar) before you physically disconnect the reader.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #4
Basqueman
Basqueman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Instead of using the Send to device button, I use the Save to File button in libprs500 and then add the file to my Sony ebook Library. I found this preferable than using libprs500 to load files to the reader.
Basqueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #5
Hamza
Hamza began at the beginning.

Device: None Yet
I also need help with libprs500:

Where, in the latest version, can I find the pre-included python scripts for getting RSS feeds? I can't find them. Are they embedded into the .exe file or something?

Thanks!
Hamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/brow...f/web/profiles
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #7
Hamza
Hamza began at the beginning.

Device: None Yet
I'm confused; so profiles are not found on my computer in my libprs500 directory, but online? They're accessed online?
Hamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:20 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No they're present on your computer as well, but in byte compiled form
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote