Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Export part of library

Hi all,

not sure if this can be done...I want to export a section of my library (tagged say, "Drama") to share with another user (that's not networked or even a Calibre user - I was going to send them a link to Calibre with instructions on how to install/import). I need to zip it up and send it via USB.

The only way I can think of doing it is to create a copy of my library and then delete the stuff that they won't want/need for them. Then they could install Calibre and import the lot in.

Thoughts?

Edited to add:

Wait...wait...

Would "Save to disk" work for this? Select the books I want and save them to a directory and zip that up?

Sue

Last edited by skb; 05-25-2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Brainsnap
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
Wait...wait...

Would "Save to disk" work for this? Select the books I want and save them to a directory and zip that up?

Sue
That's what I do for some friends. I select the books, save EPUB (or PDF for unconvertible documents) in a single directory, zip it up to a USB stick and pop it in the mail. The recipients are on slow, unreliable, expensive links in remote locations, they use various pdf & epub readers on laptops and 'droid tablets - no need to bother them with calibre.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
create a new library: Friends
switch back to your main library.
Select books (any way you want to)

Right-click: Copy to Library: Friends ( select the delete option if you are transferring ownership/possesion of copyrighted material)

(repeat with other selections)

Copy/move the entire Friends folder to a flash drive and hand it off to your friend
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Wow. Thanks BR and theducks! This is great - is there nothing Calibre can't do?

I've got it all almost sorted (and there's no complication of copyrighted stuff, phew).
skb is offline   Reply With Quote