Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
Dullahir
Zealot
Dullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Android
Calibre-compatible tool to crop images?

Good evening everyone, another question:

Since it was made clear that PDF covers cannot be editted, the only solution I have is to manually trim the borders from the cover pages of about 3,688 .PDF files using Adobe Acrobat.

Since I don't enjoy monotony, I'm wondering if there is a program compatible with Calibre or even a plugin that I was unaware existed that would auto-remove white margins from PDF covers and actually enable the changes to be saved? Or am I out of luck?
Dullahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Here are a bunch of scripts for ImageMagick.

Check out autotrim, that should do it.

http://www.fmwconcepts.com/imagemagick/

Sorry - No I don't think it will. I didn't read close enough, I thought you wished to trim pics, not pics inside pdfs. Sorry.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Dullahir
Zealot
Dullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Hi there! Been a while.

And thanks for the link, actually, I believe it will be useful for a lot of other things, so I'll definitely check it out -- Your time was not wasted.

Thanks again!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
But you can use ImageMagick to convert PDFs to, say, JPGs; and then use the autotrim script to trim the border from the JPG.

Would that work for you, Dullahir?

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Dullahir
Zealot

I believe it would indeed, Mike!

Thank you very much for the suggestion. =)

Nikostratus
Advert