Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-19-2013, 06:06 AM   #106
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauliusP. View Post
Hello.

As for recipes, please send me some compiled AZW3 recipe, I'd like to see it.

Sorry, guys, currently I'm busy with real life, so don't expect plugin's update very soon, maybe in a week or two, or so. That's a curse of open source.
Thanks, a AZW3 recipe in German is attached.

I need to make my statement more precise: the text seems to be available and it is properly hyphenated, as it seems. What's not available is the news index structure with the articles and sections list. Could this part be excluded from hyphenation easily? By detecting that is is a recipe file?

Thanxx, Mixx

PS: Real life has prio one of course, I fully understand. No rush on this one. Thanks for this plug-in, it makes a totally different reading experience possible on the Kindle for languages with long words.
Attached Files
File Type: azw3 Zeit Online - calibre.azw3 (526.9 KB, 391 views)
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #107
matteo65
matteo65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Hungarian dictionary

Thanks for your comments.
Regarding the Hungarian language problem: I found an old version (2006) of the hyphenation dictionary, which doesn't include the special duplicated letters. It seems the newer dictionary - which you can download from your recommended location - is not compatible with this plug-in. But if you use the old dictionary the hyphenation is good. It will not break the words where it includes these problematic duplicated letters.
You can try this dictionary by downloading my attachment.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OldHun_dict-hu.zip (1.69 MB, 1634 views)

Last edited by matteo65; 05-27-2013 at 02:23 AM.
matteo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 03:55 AM   #108
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
There is definitely more soft hyphenation visible on a Kobo with a standard epub (I don't know about kepubs) when this Hyphenation plugin is used.
Using Kobo Touch Fw. 2.4.0. epubs work well with the plugin. But such that I converted into kepubs with the Kobo Touch Extended plugin seem to not accept the hyphenation. I had disabled the KTExtended option of hyphenation, because this hasn't been working well. But now, in the kepubs, might they be english, french or german (for all languages dictionaries installed), there is scarcely a hyphenation visible; it seems that there are even fewer hyphenations than with the built-in feature.

There has been no error message in applying the plugin. Is there a way to check if the plugin has been applied correctly?
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:39 AM   #109
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

O. k. One more question (perhaps someone reads it).

Sometimes, hyphenation ist refused because of unknown language. To verify the language by the plugin, is there the entry in the <head> part of the source code relevant, such as <meta content="en" scheme="DCTERMS.RFC4646" name="DCTERMS.language"/>? - Given the case, I could insert it via Sigil or Note pad++, or not?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:44 AM   #110
SauliusP.
Plugin developer
SauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
To verify the language by the plugin, is there the entry in the <head> part of the source code relevant, such as <meta content="en" scheme="DCTERMS.RFC4646" name="DCTERMS.language"/>? - Given the case, I could insert it via Sigil or Note pad++, or not?
Hello,

No, plugin checks the language entry set in book's metadata field only. How the language appears there—manually or automagically, it does not care. If it is not set, plugin will reject hyphenation.

Regards.
SauliusP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2013, 05:24 AM   #111
Leonatus
Wizard

Thanks! But - only to make sure - <meta> tags always go inside the <head> element. Or do you mean something different?
Old 06-05-2013, 06:11 AM   #112
SauliusP.
Plugin developer
SauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Thanks! But - only to make sure - <meta> tags always go inside the <head> element. Or do you mean something different?
Yes, meta tags must be always enclosed by head, that's for sure.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #113
Leonatus
Wizard

Ah, I think my misunderstanding was based on the fact that I didn't realize that I can insert the language also via Calibre - Edit Metadata. Sorry for wasting your time!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #114
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Ah, I think my misunderstanding was based on the fact that I didn't realize that I can insert the language also via Calibre - Edit Metadata. Sorry for wasting your time!
For info, calibre puts the language metadata in the epub's .opf file, like this <dc:language>eng</dc:language>
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:43 AM   #115
SauliusP.
Plugin developer

Quote:
Sorry for wasting your time!
Come on...
Old 06-06-2013, 03:54 AM   #116
Leonatus
Wizard

Quote:
But such that I converted into kepubs with the Kobo Touch Extended plugin seem to not accept the hyphenation.
Do you consider to check the funktionality of the plugin in relation to the Kobo Touch Extended plugin?

This plugin has a hyphenation feature as well, but in my case, it doesn't work properly. Text is hyphenated, but at the same time any pre-formatted text justification is removed; the text extends only at ca. 4/5 of the display width, and text lines are extermely different in their length. The developper, jgoguen, is of the opinion that this refers to the Kobo rendering machine and cannot be modified.

Last edited by Leonatus; 06-06-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:21 AM   #117
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Do you consider to check the funktionality of the plugin in relation to the Kobo Touch Extended plugin?

This plugin has a hyphenation feature as well, but in my case, it doesn't work properly. Text is hyphenated, but at the same time any pre-formatted text justification is removed; the text extends only at ca. 4/5 of the display width, and text lines are extermely different in their length. The developper, jgoguen, is of the opinion that this refers to the Kobo rendering machine and cannot be modified.
The plugin works. What Kobo does with the ePub from there is not the plugin's concern.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:31 AM   #118
SauliusP.
Plugin developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The plugin works. What Kobo does with the ePub from there is not the plugin's concern.
As I don't own Kobo and never will, I'll leave it here, don't have a competence to say anything.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #119
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:

I am pretty sure jgoguen is right about that. But the test is to use Hyphenate This! to do the hyphenation and send to your Kobo with the extended driver with the hyphenation option turned off. Or manually copy it and then rename to add ".kepub" before the extension. Doing that will prove whether it is the driver or the device that is handling the hyphenated file.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #120
Leonatus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I am pretty sure jgoguen is right about that.
Nor do I have any doubt on this.

I'll do the test you propose. But the issue I described occurs as well to others.
Thanks, however!

Tags
amazon account, formatting, hyphenation