Notices

Old 08-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #136
goletita
goletita began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauliusP. View Post
Hi,

The only idea I have is corrupted or incorrect dictionary. Error comes from other open source library I've used. So it would be best if you could share your dictionary and sample book (if possible).
I tried with a lot of books and none of them worked so i guess it's a dictionary thing. I will try to find another dicionary but to be sure i attached both, the book and the dictioinary. They are in brazilian portuguese.

Moderator Notice
Copyrighted material deleted.

Please use private messages to arrange for debugging transfers
Attached Files
File Type: zip vero_pt_br_v212aoc.zip (1.31 MB, 250 views)

Last edited by theducks; 08-28-2013 at 09:38 AM.
goletita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #137
ohwow
ohwow began at the beginning.

Today I installed Calibre or Mac version 1.0.0, downloaded the plugin and the spanish oxt dictionary. The plugin installs but it doesn't work. Also, it only allows to add one dictionary. When I select an Epub to hyphenate it stays the same. Any suggestions? Thank you for your support.
ohwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2013, 04:04 AM   #138
SauliusP.
Plugin developer
SauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by goletita View Post
I tried with a lot of books and none of them worked so i guess it's a dictionary thing. I will try to find another dicionary but to be sure i attached both, the book and the dictioinary. They are in brazilian portuguese.

Copyrighted material deleted.
Please use private messages to arrange for debugging transfers
Please upload some sample book to any sharing site and give me a link in private message. Dictionary itself seems to be ok, nevertheless I have nothing to try it on.
SauliusP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:05 AM   #139
SauliusP.
Plugin developer
SauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwow View Post
Today I installed Calibre or Mac version 1.0.0, downloaded the plugin and the spanish oxt dictionary. The plugin installs but it doesn't work. Also, it only allows to add one dictionary. When I select an Epub to hyphenate it stays the same. Any suggestions? Thank you for your support.
Please provide a dictionary and sample book (via private message).
Old 09-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #140
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Thanks for this plugin. It works well. Non-hyphenated books are just fine on the Kindle, but sometimes a long word jumps to the next line, wasting quite some space, and messing up the justification. It's only a minor thing, but this plugin fixes it nicely

Two things though (these may have been mentioned, but I confess not reading the entire thread):

1. LibreOffice is missing quite some dictionaries; the Dutch one for example. If you want that, get the OpenOffice version over here:

http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/...ion-dictionary

2. The plugin does see OXT-files, but it does not open or add them; I have this problem with both the US English and Dutch dictionaries. If this happens, just rename the dictionary from .oxt to .zip. Then it can be opened with an extraction program such as 7-zip. Extract the "hyph_??_??.dic" dictionary and use this for the plugin.

Quote:
This is a feature of Kindle firmware. With hyphenated words it acts a bit awkwardly: if it finds a part of word at hyphen in dictionary, it displays that part. If not, it ends with full word. I have this issue myself, when dictionary is required. Also, Kindle's dictionary handling is not very smart by itself.
Hm. This works fine. I've tried it with several words that appear as hyphenated on screen, and the Kindle found every one of them in the dictionary.

I'm running the latest 5.3.8 firmware version.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-06-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #141
karakai
karakai began at the beginning.

Device: iriver Story HD
Dear SauliusP.

Your extension is great, but I found that it won't handle non-standard hyphenations, like many hungarian words.

Is there a possibility to incorporate these in next versions?

Hungarian dictionary:
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/...ictionary-pack

Thank You for your work:
András Karakai
karakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:52 AM   #142
goletita
goletita began at the beginning.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Thanks for this plugin. It works well. Non-hyphenated books are just fine on the Kindle, but sometimes a long word jumps to the next line, wasting quite some space, and messing up the justification. It's only a minor thing, but this plugin fixes it nicely

Two things though (these may have been mentioned, but I confess not reading the entire thread):

1. LibreOffice is missing quite some dictionaries; the Dutch one for example. If you want that, get the OpenOffice version over here:

http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/...ion-dictionary

2. The plugin does see OXT-files, but it does not open or add them; I have this problem with both the US English and Dutch dictionaries. If this happens, just rename the dictionary from .oxt to .zip. Then it can be opened with an extraction program such as 7-zip. Extract the "hyph_??_??.dic" dictionary and use this for the plugin.

Hm. This works fine. I've tried it with several words that appear as hyphenated on screen, and the Kindle found every one of them in the dictionary.

I'm running the latest 5.3.8 firmware version.
Nice!
Extracting the .dic solved the problem I was having as well

Thanks.
goletita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #143
SauliusP.
Plugin developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goletita View Post
Nice!
Extracting the .dic solved the problem I was having as well

Thanks.
Yes, I've found the same problem. It seems it started to happend with some Calibre's version. Probably there's some change with ZIP framework, OXT files do not get properly extracted. Will check it, but for now please extract required *.dic files manually.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #144
Dashcroft
Dashcroft began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Wow! This is exactly what I've always wanted the Kindle to do. And to think that I was seriously considering buying a tablet, just for hyphenation and nothing else really! Just pre-ordered the new Paperwhite instead. Thanks very much! Can I donate somewhere?
Dashcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #145
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Yes, I've found the same problem. It seems it started to happend with some Calibre's version. Probably there's some change with ZIP framework, OXT files do not get properly extracted. Will check it, but for now please extract required *.dic files manually.
While looking into some more plugins, I saw a reference somewhere, which said that the plugin was updated because "Calibre moved the ZIP-library". It seems you're on the right track.

If I could remember what plugin had that remark in the changelog...
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:53 AM   #146
SauliusP.
Plugin developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashcroft View Post
Wow! This is exactly what I've always wanted the Kindle to do. And to think that I was seriously considering buying a tablet, just for hyphenation and nothing else really! Just pre-ordered the new Paperwhite instead. Thanks very much! Can I donate somewhere?
Dear Dashcroft,

This is by far the best feedback I've ever received. Indirectly I have changed your life, it seems, to a better shape. That was always my goal. Thank you and it is my biggest pleasure to help you with decision.

Gutes Glück.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:25 AM   #147
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Cannot yet say if this plugin makes much difference for me as I have not used it much.

If I may make a suggestion. (would even do this myself if I knew where to look) Could you make it so it ignores the whole head part including doctype etc?

It is now not only adding soft-hyphens, it also rewrites the whole of the header and removes the DOCTYPE. I'd rather it would leave that part totally intact.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #148
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Any progress on making it applicable to Mobi books yet?
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #149
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Waylander: Nope. Not doable from this side of the fence for the Kindle with mobi6/7 files.

If you want hyphenation for this format on a Kindle, look into JBPatch on the Kindle dev corner forum . [EDIT: Or not, since you have a K4B according to your profile].
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #150
SauliusP.
Plugin developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
Any progress on making it applicable to Mobi books yet?
Hi,

I have tested this approach and found, that Kindle does not support hyphenation in older MOBI format, only in AZW3, a.k.a. MOBI8.

Tags
amazon account, formatting, hyphenation