Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
AEA64
AEA64 began at the beginning.

Device: Considering getting a Pocket eDGe or Kindle 4
Weird sounds in K4NT. Defects?

Hello. I noticed weird sounds in my K4NT when I push in 5-way, it sounds like a rustly thin plastic bag. I googled teardown pics of K4NT and found out the control buttons on the motherboard are covered with some membrane, maybe there's something wrong with it. And another thing, I hear very quiet noise when it's turning or rendering a page, it can actually be heard when your kindle is an inch close to your ear. Is this normal? Has anyone here had similar issues with their K4NT? Thanks.
AEA64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Thanks for the info. I tried it on my KT, and there is indeed some (very light) clicking and buzzing when turning pages. Funny.

About the 5-way controller: if it's really disturbing, it's most likely a defect, so I suggest to call Customer Support. From most of the testimonials here, I assume that you would get a replacement.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEA64 View Post
Hello. I noticed weird sounds in my K4NT when I push in 5-way, it sounds like a rustly thin plastic bag. I googled teardown pics of K4NT and found out the control buttons on the motherboard are covered with some membrane, maybe there's something wrong with it. And another thing, I hear very quiet noise when it's turning or rendering a page, it can actually be heard when your kindle is an inch close to your ear. Is this normal? Has anyone here had similar issues with their K4NT? Thanks.
The turning page sound is normal and even the K3 does this. You just don't notice it unless you put your ear to the button. My 5 way makes normal clicking noises when I use it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Turning page on e-ink makes, really, a little noise. Little thread about it in Kindle Forums: http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_...x2KXMOOEHI0G8M

About the 5-way noise, well, I have a K3, and, well, the buttons are cheap plastic. Click sound is unavoidable.
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
About the 5-way noise, well, I have a K3, and, well, the buttons are cheap plastic. Click sound is unavoidable.
Unfortunately, this is true.

Unless you put in ear-plugs.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert