Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
voxy
voxy began at the beginning.

Device: Vox
Vox not charging

Help! I left my Vox on over night and drained the battery. Now it seems that my vox is not charging. I've had it plugged in for at least 20 minutes and the battery indicator does not change. I have a battery widget and it shows 0%. When I unplug the micro USB charger the Vox powers down.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?
voxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
I had a bit of a fright with mine and I am still not feeling very warm and fuzzy with the Vox and charging the battery.

My battery had drained to 'less than 10%' - so I got a message to charge the battery. So I went to plug it in. I checked on it about 1.5 hours later and the message still said 'less than 10%' charge. I thought there is no way this could be possible! I turned it off and on again, same thing. So, I powered it down, left it plugged in and crossed my fingers.

I had to go out this afternoon, so I left the house for 4 hours. I was convinced the battery was shot. But, much to my surprise, the battery had a full charge when I returned. So, I have been playing with it all afternoon hoping the charge will last until tonight.

I think the scary thing with this battery is letting it drain. I think if you leave it turned off, and charge it for several hours, you should see a full charge.

GOOD LUCK!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
voxy
voxy began at the beginning.

Device: Vox
Okay. Problem solved. It was just like pokee said, you must be patient. I just powered my Vox off, plugged it in and when I came back 2-3 hours later it was 70% charged. I'm not sure why my battery drained in the first place. I guess I left it on, but I would have thought it would power off after being idle for a certain period of time.
voxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
A couple of things to take note of that may be behind your battery draining overnight:

- if you are in the reading experience, the reader does not go to sleep. So if you just put it down without putting the screen off, it will stay like that all night (until the battery is dead).

- if you use RDIO, one of the first things it asks you to do is change a setting so that wifi never powers down. This puts significant drain on the battery and can easily drain it over night (depending on where it started).

Hope that helps,
James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
...My battery had drained to 'less than 10%' - so I got a message to charge the battery. So I went to plug it in. I checked on it about 1.5 hours later and the message still said 'less than 10%' charge. I thought there is no way this could be possible!...
Had a similar issue, powered it off and left it for around 1 hours and i was at 60%, seems to charge better when powered off
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
I am glad everyone is having the same experience! My charge lasted from 2:30 till I went to bed at 11pm (sleeping here and there). I turned it off, charged it overnight, and everything was great this morning! PHEW!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote