Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
B&N New Library Page

OK, I'm going to say it: I don't like the new B&N library pages. I especially don't like that I have to re-sign in every 10 minutes (seems like) because it's got the same security system as my bank.

I've been buying largely from B&N because I started with them and it's nice to have all my books in one place and I used to REALLY like their online library management, but now they've changed it and I can't stand it.

*sob*

Am I the only one who doesn't like the change? Does anyone know how to get it to cookie me up for longer than 10 freaking minutes?
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #2
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Until I saw your post, I hadn't even noticed. But I only go in every now and then and download any books I haven't downloaded previously and move them into "Archive". So since they still have the "new" and "archive" available separately I'm OK.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2011, 11:45 PM   #3
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I hadn't really noticed but I don't usually browse their website much. I normally spend more time on Amazon - it's more familiar to me and easier to navigate, so I find what I want there then do a search for a Nook Book on that title and then click the link.

I did spend some time at B&N today buying and yes, I did have to log my password in more than once so I guess I'm not 'cookied up' either. If I want to check something in my B&N library, I generally use the Nook for PC app.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:05 AM   #4
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
The only thing I buy from BN is magazines for my Nook Color - it used to be that the library on the website would tell you the date you'd receive the next issue, but it no longer does so.

It took me *days* to finally get my last knitting mag - I wouldn't have had to spend so much time trying to download it if I'd known what day to expect it.

I'm not happy, either, but for a different reason, anamardoll.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:39 AM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I'm not a big fan either.

I used to have my password saved etc, and now I won't even have that. Also getting to the Archived books/wish lists aren't that great either.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
I don't like it much, either. I miss having the date purchased available, and I wish the library page would show the sample books separately like it used to.

The new library page definitely needs a search function, too.
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #7
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookkatz View Post
I don't like it much, either. I miss having the date purchased available, and I wish the library page would show the sample books separately like it used to.

The new library page definitely needs a search function, too.
This. I use the "samples" as my Wish List (because their Wish List is so hard to find it's not even funny). Not being able to drill directly to the samples anymore is an issue for me.

Why does everyone have to change everything all the time?
Old 09-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #8
Caltsar
Zealot
Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: nook Touch, iPad, iPhone
Wow, they did change it.

I don't think it's too terrible (once you click "Go to Library), but I did also like knowing when I purchased a book... Looks like I'll have to use my order history for that :/
Caltsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #9
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltsar View Post
Wow, they did change it.

I don't think it's too terrible (once you click "Go to Library), but I did also like knowing when I purchased a book... Looks like I'll have to use my order history for that :/
Which, considering that they're listed by Order Number and without any description unless you click on that number, will be a pain.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #10
Caltsar
Zealot
Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: nook Touch, iPad, iPhone
On the brighter side, actually managing the important aspects of my library is quite a bit more responsive than the old page!
Caltsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #11
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
This. I use the "samples" as my Wish List (because their Wish List is so hard to find it's not even funny). Not being able to drill directly to the samples anymore is an issue for me.

Why does everyone have to change everything all the time? :(
I guess as long as things keep changing all the time, we can hope they'll change it for the better eventually.

I do the same thing as you with samples. On my Nook and Nook Color, I do have shelves for the samples, but that means I have to remember to put the samples there when they show up on the devices!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #12
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, LookBook, Nook Simple Touch
there is not much I like about that site, I find the navigation poorly done and painfully slow
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote