Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
phyllisj9
phyllisj9 began at the beginning.

Device: none
frames in epubs?

Do ePub files support frames in the XHTML? I haven't used frames since the 90s, but I noticed that Mobi files have some kind of frame capability (so maybe ePubs do too). And I can see how that might be useful for a magazine layout (to have a tiny frame at the top with a breadcrumb trail in it).

Can anyone point me to a good source which shows what all HTML is supported by ePub? I know it's not a very long list.

I'm brand-new to the e-book world, so please bear with me if I ask any dumb questions!

Thanks, Phyllis
phyllisj9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, you can't use framesets in an ePub book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Take a look at the wiki and in the specs. That would give a good overview of what is possible and *should* be supported.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:03 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyllisj9 View Post
Can anyone point me to a good source which shows what all HTML is supported by ePub? I know it's not a very long list.

Thanks, Phyllis
There's a sticky by ghostyjack at the top of the forum which gives links to several good tutorials.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote