Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 07:23 AM   #1
digitaldish
digitaldish began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Table Borders indesign>mobi

Hi,

I've made a few ebooks in Indesign, exporting to mobi. I have made a table and selected 0pt for cell borders but when I view it on a kindle there are thick borders. What can I do?

Thanks,
digitaldish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Try just "border=0" (ie pixels, not points). Remember that Mobi doesn't support CSS - the conversion tool is converting the table CSS into cell attributes in the Mobi table. You want to end up with "border=0" in the final Mobi HTML; that certainly does work.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 07:20 AM   #3
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
That was quick. I'm impressed.

(BTW: I need to learn to help my company lay out books in InDesign and then convert them to mobi. At this point, I'm not sure where to look for a basic set of steps for both tasks. Any suggestions? The most demanding thing I have to lay out is probably poetry with various levels of indented lines in stanzas.)
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indesign, mobi, tables